1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how would i make a banner like this

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mrjibbles, Jun 19, 2008.

Hi All

This site http://www.childrens-rooms.co.uk has a banner id love to know how to do myself in photoshop but no idea how to

Its probably easy to you all but if someone could give me a few pointers that would be great

I take it it uses layers.... uses some took to cut out the shapes but i dont know where to start

Many Thanks

Rob

mrjibbles, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  2. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take the Pictures, that are found in the banner from somewhere on the Net.

Put each of them in different Layers in PS. You may need to erase their original Background to get the intended effect. Erase the BG with the Help of Magic Eraser Tool (Right-Click on Normal eraser to select it), or the Normal Eraser for Detailed Erasing. Arrange the Images accordingly.

The other part is simple logo with a White Shadow on each font used.

Xavier_3D, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  3. Alma

Alma Peon

Best Answers:
    Open the photo/illustration you want to cut. Use the pen tool to make a path around the part you want to cut. This is the most important part, you need to do a precise path over the edges of the part you want to cut.

Once time you have closed the path go to the Paths pannel (if you don't have it opened go to the windows menu and select it there). In the upper right corner of the paths panel you'll find a small flap that opens a new menu. Save your path. Open again the same menu and this time chose make selection. A small window will pop up with some options. Mark new selection. If you want to fade a bit the edge you can increase 1-3 points the feather option. Click Ok.

Now you should have a selection over the part of the image you want to cut. Just cut it and paste in a new image where you want to do your banner, repeat the process for every image.

The process isn't hard, but it's tedious.

Alma, Jun 19, 2008 IP