1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you create this.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jtsc, Nov 10, 2013.

So I have been dabbling in web design for a while now and would like to create a site for practice/ personal purposes. I have fairly good knowledge of html and css and have started learning PHP.

What I would like to do
    Create a tutorial website with various categories such as "Digital art" "Photo Manipulation" and so on, these would be in the main navigation. I would also like the user to be able to search within each category. The ability to add tags to each tutorial would be good with similar tutorials featured at the bottom of each tutorial page.

For an example that I like please look here: http://work.ilenoliukgo.com/

I will be the only user and will upload the content myself. I don't need others to be able to do so. The site will also have a membership system such as aMember. Comments on the tutorials will also be needed, I am looking to do this using Disqus.

My Question

So my question to you guys is How would you go about this?

- CMS or no CMS, if so what one? I have researched a lot but still undecided.
    - Any other considerations.

Basically how would you go about achieving my goal? A point in the write direction would be amazing so I can continue my research and eventually start.

Cheers :)

jtsc, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. senecacollege

senecacollege Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would go for cms, wordpress is the most popular and easiest cms, based on your knowledge, i think you will quickly master how to set up wordpress and create custom template.

senecacollege, Nov 12, 2013 IP