1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you use 1000 dollars to start a business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MattEvers, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And then you could do it again and again... and with a 500% ROI in 60 days (3000% annually), it would only take you a couple of years to be richer than Bill Gates.

The old bullshit meter is pegged. :cool:

Will.Spencer, Nov 1, 2005 IP
    amitpatel_3001 likes this.
  2. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it can be done again and again, but the competition for the market is extremely high. It's doing work in the adult market. There are limits to how much you can make, so far the most I've pulled is about $20,000 in one year doing it, costing about $4000 to do. But I capped at that and have been trying to elsewhere now.

Call it bs'ing if you want. Don't do it and move onto the next idea and I'll do what works for me.

Discreet, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  3. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    I've played around a little bit in the adult bussiness. Invested $15 and made $250 in 3 months. Like I said, I've just played around...

Anyway, with that kind of money, I'd build 10 websites, build links, and buy a lot of coffee to keep me awake working on the 10 websites.

I believe that if you're a "small" guy, start small. Don't spend your cash like crazy. Instead build few websites with controversial content. I see a lot of gossip blogs out there doing very well.

I think I would use some of the $1000 to hire some permanent writers for my website, to post in forums and blog a lot. As far as I've noticed, good original content is the No.1 thing you need to succeed and make $$$.

Just my 2 cents, I don't know how helpful I've been...

*Michael*, Nov 1, 2005 IP
  4. alt

alt Peon

Best Answers:
    I would invest some money into learning some basic html. Having the ability to edit your own web pages will save you a small fortune as you will be able to tweak your site easily and quickly yourself while not having to pay someone for every minor change.

alt, Nov 2, 2005 IP
  5. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy an html book, buy a php book, learn from the ground up.

in 2 months build a good site, spend the $950 on advertising at that point.

Cash won't help you succeed, it will just show you monetarily how much you failed.

AfterHim.com, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  6. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    build a site for USD $500 with professionals help + USD $200 on promotion. Keep the rest as reserve.

If you are spending USD $1000 than do a thorough research on what u want to do. You can build 5 good adsense sites :) or a ecommerce site.

poseidon, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  7. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously,
    1- Get a developer to program and design a specialized article site ($300)
    2- Buy good contents for the site ($300)
    3- Get a PR8 ad link ($80 monthly)
    4- Subscribe to ypn or adsense

Lordo, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  8. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are bumping old threads.....:rolleyes:

I find adsense/ypn to be the hardest/least profitable startup plans... Just my experience though... guess we all have to find our niche.

MattEvers, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  9. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I started a business with a grand the first thing I'd do is allocate $200 bucks to content writers. Then I'd spend another 100 on link building software. I would also take another 200 and use it to get my site listed in paid directories.

Don't worry about Design. Just buy a template from someone here at DP. That shouldn't cost you more than 60 bucks tops. The rest of my money I would spend on buying text links. So you have:

Content Writers - $200
    Link Building Software - $100
    Paid Directory listing - $200
    Design Template - $60
    Text Links & Press Release - $440

If you do all the things above with your thousand dollars, you will be guaranteed to get a huge return on your investment. You should begin to see returns in just a few months if you follow the steps above, maybe even less. Your page rank would skyrocket. I would spend big money on PR 4, 5, 6, 7, or even 8 text links.

tesla, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  10. kevin543

kevin543 Peon

Best Answers:
    Forex trading has become very popular in recent times as a way of making money on the side using extra funds. In fact, a few people have even been able to turn their Forex trading activities into a regular source of income. When you play on the Forex market, you are running a risk, but you are doing so because Forex trading offers you an opportunity to make a good profit.

kevin543, May 19, 2011 IP