1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML Editor Script

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Beaverton, Jul 5, 2008.

I am not quite sure what I am looking for, but I will try to explain it, and if anything like it exists, I would apreciate any help identifying it..

Basically I built a website for a friend, and have it hosted on my dedicated server..however, he is constantly needing updates on it, and I would like to put it in his hands to update, but he is very computer illiterate, so giving him access to the html file to update is out of the question...

So what I am looking for is a way to build an admin area, that he can log into, and edit sections of the website using some sort of built in html editor, similar to what I am using to type this post... I am guessing it would be database driven, I use MYSQL and I coded the website in ASP... Some features would include basic HTML markup (Bold, Headers, Colors etc) and some photo embeding.. maybe even video embeding...

I guess my question is, are there any scripts out there already that I could install on my server to do this, or would I just need to code it all myself? There are a few other projects similiar to this, so something that I could setup on multiple websites would be desireable... I am looking for something pretty simple, I have played around with Joomla etc and those are all way too complicated...

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

Beaverton, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to set them up on a CMS... wordpress would only take a couple of hours to set up. Then show him how to update articles.

Kind of going about it in a really hard way otherwise. Sounds more like you would be developing your own custom CMS with something Like Tiny MCE and a post feature. Too much work.

Find a Wordpress Template you like, Customize it a bit with PHP to suit your needs, then show them how to use it.

internetmarketingiq, Jul 9, 2008 IP