1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am searching for the following..

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by RadioRadio, Mar 24, 2008.

Some simple internet profile userbook type of service where you enter your user name, the internet nick you go by, and real name can be optional. Then there are the following fields: Nick, 120x120 avatar, Description about yourself, AIM fields, a list of websites that you own or have presenses in, tags/interest where you put things that interests you seperated by the comma, and a feature like foaf(friends; friends of).

Here are some examples:

ClaimID, very close to what I mentioned, but it has a Contact list(you have to be mutually verified), and no tag list.

Elgg: exactly what I'm looking for but the problem is, there not serious about growing a large userbase(like livejournal) and there advertising more about their software than their actual thing. I should re-ask or send them an email about it.

I would exclude Facebook because it required you to enter your real name according to their TOS, and I don't want my real name to be publicly displayed, and of course myspace because of the excessive 3rd party programs they put in, it slows down my low cost budget laptop.

If it doesn't exist, would it be worth making a simple application like that?

The reason why I'm asking for that is because I choose blogger but blogger does not have a social network(foaf) type of feature but the ability to have multiple blogs.

RadioRadio, Mar 24, 2008 IP