1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am so mad, I might have to go back to work

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Snake Eye, May 4, 2012.

1. Snake Eye

Snake Eye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are correct, AdSense has been paying terrible for me since 2012 began. I thought it was just because usually it is slow in Jan and Feb, but the last 2 months were still bad. I also tried other PPC ads as well as CPM and they are even worse.

Thanks for the info on Buysellads, I am checking them out now. How much percentage do they take from you? Just 25% correct? You can PM me instead if you like. I need to figure out how much I should sell my ad space for, so I will be looking into this more tonight.

Snake Eye, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a money making formula not a real business. Luckily with a full time job you'll have a nice income that can allow you to build an online business.

If I where you I'd use that income - part of it - to start building an Internet Business selling your own products and/or services in some sort of niche. And focus on building that business only (do nothing else, no adsense, no bum markting)! Building a real business takes time, you should aim for 2-3 years to reach your lifestyle goals... but it's a solid Internet Business that can give you that lifestyle not some make money formula as you can see those are quite unreliable.

jacksarlo, May 6, 2012 IP
  3. cj1223

cj1223 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like people are offering you good solutions to make more money off your websites. But if you must go back to work don't be so negative think of it as a short term thing. Then work on boosting your websites income whenever you can.

I'm sure there are other options to your situation, I don't know ur situation, maybe you can cut your lifestyle expenses down. Maybe sell your house get a smaller cheaper one. Cut your expenses.

I'm curious what type of job are you considering? Because there are plenty of part time jobs maybe there out of your league?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    cj1223, May 6, 2012 IP
  4. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the way you think...many people do not consider the extra hours that they have to commit to, and only count the 8 hours. I quit my job last year, and I'm already having a hard time. It started out well, but now with the recession and added to that is the most recent Google updates which has scared most SEO-marketers from spending (and it's affecting my passive income!) not a day goes by without my thinking that I have to either persevere despite the troubled waters OR I have to get a day job.

dezinerite, May 6, 2012 IP
  5. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    neil_buzzerchat_staff, May 7, 2012 IP
  6. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Similar story here...
    I have never related too much on AdSense, but affiliates. Now both affiliate and Adsense revenues are way down - so much down that I can hardly make a living with them.
    Been working just like you for the last several years, not caring nor depending on working hours, traffic to an office or some boss on my head.
    As you said, traffic didn't change much (it is usually lower during the summer and higher in winter for me), but the revenue is several times lower :(
    I am not going to give up on my sites, but now I am also checking on some job offers, hopefully I'll find something to do from home if I am not back in the game quite shortly.

Things went so bad that I even had to start using Adwords - without any success, only spending some of the last funds I have...
    Bad, bad, very f*****g bad...

Good luck with your sites and the possible new job.
    P.s. Depending on your niche you might want to try some affiliate programs instead of the ads or combine them like me.

abraxas, May 7, 2012 IP