1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am thinking to start a site and develop it ! suggest about my idea is ..

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wearise, Jun 8, 2013.

I am thinking on making a site since long , since a few time i got a little money to i can afford hosting etc for a year or so !

I was thinking about various things i can make a site about,

since i am a student f engineering and sort of 'believe' (LoL!) that my basic concepts of both physics and maths are quite clear and also i enjoy teaching young children of neighborhood so i was thinking to make a site where i would put video lectures and a ask question get answers type site on basic physics and maths!

Any suggestion on would this work ? or why would this not work?

Or any modifications to make to this idea or drop this idea altogether?

wearise, Jun 8, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think that this could work. I am not entirely sure on who your target audience is.
    I think if you made a site with wordpress, and allowed people to submit questions. Then use those questions write a short tutorial, and a movie (can put the movie on youtube) then you will have a very good site.

I am not familiar with this niche, so I dont know what other sites already exist, as well I dont know if it will be successful financially.

matt_62, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  3. wearise

wearise Active Member

Best Answers:
    My target audience is surely students of 7th 8th 9th and 10th standard ! I hope this is a large enough group! It may also include any seniors who may wish to clear their basics!

wearise, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  4. Millionclarke.com

Millionclarke.com Member

Best Answers:
    This is an awesome idea! One of the things small businesses a new businesses need to know is that you need 2 of these 3 things to be successful. 1] time 2] money 3] experience. After determine whether not you have what it takes to begin the business you now need to develop the plan for the business. No longer refer to your website as a website refer to it as a business. Even if it's just for fun set the mentality now this is my business.

Before you spend any money identify the following;
    – your target market
    – your competition and room for growth
    – the problem with you are solving/the value your bringing to the market
    – your marketing strategy
    – resources required unavailable to launch and sustained a development project of this nature.

After you've taken my by some sure you'll have a more clear idea of how to go about developing a new website. I company specializes in helping small and startup enterprises become more successful on the web . We are offering free 30 minute consultation sessions interested individuals like yourself. Send a private message that stopped more about getting you started

Millionclarke.com, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  5. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:

In engineering subject, there are lots of complected mathematical formula, calculation, graphs, diagram and other related things, you can start a blog on these things so that those student would be helped and you would earn some money from Adsense as well.

SERPpoint, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  6. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, You can also create online learning site with the free open source learning management systems like moodle.

rashida, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  7. abbottAlaster

abbottAlaster Peon

Best Answers:
    why you are just thinking man..just do it buddy

abbottAlaster, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  8. Daniel Carso

Daniel Carso Member

Best Answers:
    If you are doing what you have said, you can use vimeo or youtube to begin recording your classes. It's a good idea don't get me wrong. But there are ways for you to do it with little investment. Stay in the now, perhaps in a few months you'll have the capital to setup a website, and you won't have to worry about seeing traffic coming in since your reputation will already be established from youtube or so.

Good luck,

Daniel Carso, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  9. socialappzone

socialappzone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Something we use alot at home is education apps on Ipads. Perhaps your idea for phones and tablets would work great. People like myself incorporate these types of applications as part of the child's homework routine :)

socialappzone, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  10. kamatchinathan

kamatchinathan Member

Best Answers:
    if your site have unlimited pages use joomla , save your hosting space using vimeo or yotube for your recorded lectures also many sites given live telecast video services

kamatchinathan, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  11. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build a plan first... When you build good plan, go and realize everything.. I'm sure you will succeed.

VukasinI, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  12. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is worth as much as performance. Find a friend programmer who will translate your ideas for the website.

adbash, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  13. wakey7

wakey7 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think the model could work, and you could ultimately build up to a level where you can charge a membership fee in order to 'ask a teacher a question'. Just be extremely careful not to wind up doing the work for the students. There's an art to coaching and making sure that people learn to develop their answers with guidance.

wakey7, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  14. Dekeiy

Dekeiy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd also suggest you to use Youtube for hosting purposes. I think it also wouldn't be a bad idea to market your channel on Youtube rather than your website by itself. It's far easier for you to get started using Youtube than setting up a homepage from scratch if you lack the knowledge to do so properly.

Also, don't forget that you aren't the only one doing something like that. Think about what makes your service special. Do your videos have a unique style? Are they easier to comprehend than your competition? Do you focus on one specific language/country? If you truly think that the service you provide is different and/or better than your competition then I wish you the best of luck! If not, ask yourself if it's worth the trouble.

Dekeiy, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  15. OkinaraWeb

OkinaraWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    This is easy.
    My first and only recommendation is Wordpress.

Website
    1. Get a shared hosting, install wordpress, pick a theme, spend a day on how to use Wordpress - a beginners guide on YouTube or a book and get started. (Recommended)
    2. Or you can get an account at wordpress.com for a free blog.
    3. Find someone who knows what their doing with Wordpress.

Videos
    1. YouTube
    2. Vimeo
    Business Plan Course Syllabus?
    What? Trust me, you don't need a business plan! Do what you love and do it now. Money making is easy once you're doing what you love(sounds cheesy but True).

Although you do need to plan your Tutorials(eventually will be called courses ;-)).
    1. Study 7-10 grader books and course material and pick out a few topics that you're good at and want to teach.
    2. Make categories of 7th to 10th standard posts + different subject categories.
    3. Write a few posts in each of them
    4. THEN tell that people that you're doing this.

OkinaraWeb, Jun 11, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  16. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do the things you are passionate about! Passion for a niche usually would enable you to last and not give up when you faced with setback. Since are awesome at what you do (and you enjoy it), then maybe you can add a few things:
    1) Have a motivation section where people who are learning from you, can be encouraged to continue that route of blessed learning.
    2) try to make your site (or blog), user friendly.
    3) unable people to come to post questions as well as answer questions! That way you would be encouraging even more learning (and you wouldn't have to answer all the questions by yourself.) :)

Cheers, hope this helps

Howard Lim, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  17. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can start a blog and upload content there. Also you may start a youtube channel I am sure people will subscribe to your channel. Make a facebook fan page and ask your students to like your page. Social media marketing is a best way to target local community. Best of Luck!

Amanda103, Jun 13, 2013 IP