1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I asked a freelancer just to change the page see how much he charged me!!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jkie Reborn, Sep 16, 2011.

Hi,

I just want to know is it real?

As i didnt have time to do some of the formatting of the text on one page just arrange using simple br commands I asked a freelancer to do it,And he charged me 25$ do you thing its worth to pay 25$ just to arrange a 300 word content? its not about create just arranging the content on oen page ??

Just need to know?

Jkie Reborn, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no standard price, if you think the charge is high, you might look for other freelancer
    By the way, you can actually find someone at DP BST section, $10 is enough to get people who willing to do that

lifeplayer, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  3. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess it depends on what you want. in most cases the ones who charge higher fees are delivering higher quality (atleast in my expirience) so you need to decide what will help your site saving 15 bucks or quaity work

Sensei.Design, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a fair world, Freelancers would be making that much. In the real world however, his rates are a bit high.

If you don't agree on rates beforehand, you're subject to a freelancer's personal price, which can be anywhere from $.01/word to $1/word. For this transaction, see if you can bump down to $15 or even $20 to satisfy him. Let this be a lesson to you though, agree on a price before you hire somebody.

pbmann1213, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  5. IceNer

IceNer Peon

Best Answers:
    The simple solution is to arrange how much your going to pay and what you are going to get before you give him the work

IceNer, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fool is not who asks the price is who pays it ...

w3bmaster, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  7. MattVit

MattVit Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself - would you rather have done it yourself and saved $25? Or was it worth not having to do it yourself? You don't need a forum to tell you the answer. :)

MattVit, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  8. mutatedllama

mutatedllama Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experiences that is a little pricey. You could definitely get it done cheaper.

mutatedllama, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  9. Compuzone

Compuzone Member

Best Answers:
    a bit expensive to me

Compuzone, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  10. Pixel T.

Pixel T. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, it is a bit high. But you have to understand from a freelancers point of view. By the time everything is set up, by the time he makes the edits, by the time you approve and send the money, it all adds up. Could be about an hour or could be two that he could have been doing something else.

Although I still say $25 is a bit too expensive, a normal price even a simple quality job would be $10 - $15. You can't expect to pay $4 even though its a simple job.

Pixel T., Sep 18, 2011 IP
  11. bloggerkaye

bloggerkaye Peon

Best Answers:
    Shouldn't you have settled the rates first before letting the freelancer do the job? I guess that's a bit pricey for such a simple task.

bloggerkaye, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  12. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always agree or confirm indicative price with freelancer before they start work :)

tradester, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  13. skyzer

skyzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, every freelancer have his own price, you can take it or find another freelancer.
    Me, as a professional web deisnger, would charge 5 or 10 USD, if you are really asking only to put your text onto one HTML page, because that would take only 2 minutes or so, i mean you can do that by your self if you read only one short tutorial on internet and get your self Notepad+ .

But as i said, it's up on you to make a decision, will you buy from that freelancer, or try to find cheaper one.

skyzer, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  14. st-kris

st-kris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if he has already completed the job, pay him the money and take it as a lesson to always negotiate rates before any transaction

st-kris, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  15. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not high. If you asked me to do this, I might quote you at 20,30 or 50. Or more. How much work was it there? This 'some formatting' can mean 5 minutes of my time or 5 hours. You can imagine the price varies. if it's so steep, next time do it yourself. If not, you need to understand that the professional needs to LIVE from this and his hour is priced at a certain level. Most of the time, if I have a client and we're working on tweaks like this, I quote for the entire hour. So, even if it takes me 4 minutes to do the job you're paying for an hour. All the 'back and forth' with emails and stuff is also priced. You are taking TIME off me with the project, we spend time discussing it, I have to reply, read, think. This means money. So, no, the price is not big. And, if it saved you time to focus on other things, it wasn't big at all :)

Imagine how much money you'd pay an attorney just for sending you an email, reading your email, giving you solutions. People put a prize on their time. Those who don't, starve.

dojodesign, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  16. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be its high.But you could get that job done at a lower price through a freelancer from countries like Philippine or India who always wait for work at a freelancing marketplaces like freelancer or elance.Freelancers from these countries really can provide you a quality task at a reasonable price.

shuvo, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That sounds pretty cheap for New Zealand. If you are unwise and have a website that isn't run by a CMS and you need a web developer to update it then you can't really complain.

sarahk, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  18. RainDefenceRoofing

RainDefenceRoofing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't want to pay out money to someone else, do it yourself. It's not a tough concept. You can't expect people to work for nothing and $25 is nothing really.

RainDefenceRoofing, Oct 11, 2011 IP