1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't want to do the social network thing but should I?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dpunkz, Jun 26, 2011.

I am pretty happy with the overall success of my site/forum. It gets tons of traffic. The twitter and facebook thing is really something i don't want to do but everyone is doing it now. I mainly do not want to deal with it because of time involved running both legitimately.

Is it worth it trying to get followers on twitter and likes on facebook and then basically linking to shit on ur site?

dpunkz, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  2. kelseyd

kelseyd Peon

Best Answers:
    After hearing that kids in the future will think facebook is the internet... I think it might be a good idea to start setting up shop there. Plus facebook runs itself, just come in every once in a while to give a quick update now and then.

kelseyd, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  3. HyipData

HyipData Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social networking doesn't bring too much traffic. Sometimes it doesn't bring any traffic at all, so don't care about that.

HyipData, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  4. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that statement is kind of scary. Facebook THE internet?!

JPMiddleton, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  5. sebasago

sebasago Peon

Best Answers:
    My nephew is 9 and he already knows Facebook isn't the internet. This just seems like a silly idea to me. Maybe un-educated kids will grow up thinking Facebook is the internet, but that would be like saying my generation would grow up thinking Yahoo was the internet.

sebasago, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  6. IonVM

IonVM Peon

Best Answers:
    At least get a Twitter account and start adding followers, it's pretty painless. You'd be surprised what it can do for you.

IonVM, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  7. Tomav

Tomav Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also not sold on Facebook being the internet. Too much useless stuff there.

Tomav, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  8. kelseyd

kelseyd Peon

Best Answers:
    Just something I heard... don`t even remember where, but I think they were speaking of how it is transforming into something much more than just a social site. Who knows what will be what, you can`t base the past on the future, and nobody for sure knows the future...lol...

yah sounds crazy but all in all I get the point of what they are trying to say.

kelseyd, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  9. dorothykinder

dorothykinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook the Internet?? I never want this to happen, Google is fine for internet, Let facebook become Social networking but not internet... @Kelseyd, no has seen the future, but even though we can't come to a conclusion that FB may be the next generation internet... it may not.. :(

dorothykinder, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  10. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bet this statement is true for a minority of population who don't care about other sites but just FB.

SSC, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  11. manivannang

manivannang Peon

Best Answers:
    you can make ur updates without making your fcb and twitter routine thats i do i post updates when i really want.

manivannang, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  12. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    Ya Facebook is not internet but now SEO depends a lot on it.

born_star16, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  13. kelseyd

kelseyd Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear different takes on this and trust me I don`t want fb as the internet as well.... hahaha.... I asked my wife today this same question and she disagrees with me.... but it`s still something cool to think about... but as for the main topic of this thread I think you should use social media as another avenue for growing your business to build more relationships with your audience/customers etc....

kelseyd, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  14. iamtheb

iamtheb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont really think you can afford not to do any social networking,because your competitor will

iamtheb, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  15. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites are worth a try. Though not as much as other ways of driving traffic but due to massive number of users worldwide, I think you should give it a try.

ParentingCoachLisa, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  16. linkbuildr

linkbuildr Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have, as you say, tons of traffic, put a link to the facebook page on the site, or like buttons. It's no secret that facebook and other social media plays a part in rankings and branding strategies alike. Why wouldn't you want the friends of people who already use your site to know about your site? All you have to invest is time, and not really that much. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to set up and ten minutes a week to keep updated. I kind of think you're an idiot not to. It's just indicative of a full and round internet presence, something the search engines and users alike are always going to appreciate.

linkbuildr, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  17. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites can be utilized properly in order to increase site traffic, one way is to hold discussions grub. invite your friends. and do not forget to add the most important baclink

wekop, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  18. Robvandam121

Robvandam121 Peon

Best Answers:
    i should say you should mate, social networking is a big help you can use social media by promoting sites and not that much can help in traffic but it will moved.

Robvandam121, Jun 28, 2011 IP