1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I had my worst experience today! horrible.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by melfan, Feb 14, 2005.

I was on my way home riding a bus. Our bus stopped below of Ayala MRT Station (elevated-train station) when suddenly I heard a big explosion coming from the front bus. Passengers and passersby run away from the source of explosion. My first reaction was to get out on the bus and run towards a nearby establishment. It was horible 3 people were dead. Im still in shock, heres the full story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4264227.stm
    http://news.inq7.net/breaking/index.php?index=2&story_id=27503

melfan, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  2. CHERRY

CHERRY Peon

Best Answers:
    Omg Thats Terrible, Hope Ur Ok.....

CHERRY, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  3. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    OH MY GOODNESS....

Thank god you're okay. Sorry you had to suffer through such a shit ordeal though.... :(

MELLA, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  4. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    Snap, that's most certainly whacked. Good thing that with that kind of potential to have more injuries there wasn't.

MaxM, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  5. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are ok.

Do these terrorist acts ever work? Most of the time it just strengthens the resolve to crack down on these people.

Weirfire, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    As of now 6 are confirm dead and more than 60 people are injured. luckily i was seating at the back. most damages was cause by shattered glasses.

@to all, thanks for the concern. thank God I am ok. I would miss DP for sure.

melfan, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Melfan, tell us what happened in your own words, yes friend we are happy you are still with us.

It always seems like it is the other guy that this stuff happens to, we need to put an end to this war in the name of religion because none of it is of God.

anthonycea, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  8. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    It's the other way round melfan, DP would miss you :)

9. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Our prayers go out to you... Keep us informed...

NewComputer, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  10. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Shit Man, Glad to hear you're OK...

That all sounds pretty scary...

SEbasic, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  11. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    it was so sudden. i was so sleepy and eager to go home. i came from my day job. buses routing to my destination always stop by at that location to pickup more passengers. the bus that was exploded is 3 buses away from our bus (so to speak we are in the 4th line). at that very moment only I chattered 3 words "God help us" . As I got out on our bus I can see nothing due to the heavy smokes coming from the burning buses. I just followed the light coming from nearby establishment. I stayed there until the police, bomb squad and firetrucks came. I just don't believe how those men responsible can do this to innocent people. Don't they fear God? tsktsk I hope this will be over soon

melfan, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You have had problems with this religious war in your country for a while now, as have we in the USA, as have those in Spain, Russia, Germany, Iraq, Iran including the middle east where it all comes from in the first place.

Until the USA has a more even handed policy this will not stop. We can not continue this rush into WW3 with bias policy.

Until we cease this intervention in the affairs of other nations we bring this on ourselves and the only thing that will stop this new World War is nations sitting down to try to stop this insanity and fight over oil money.

That is really what is causing all of this in the first place, the Muslim fighters will not stop fighting when we occupy the oil fields worth trillions of dollars and we will not give them up willingly either.

So you folks tell me when it is going to end?

13. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    It will not end I'm sad to say.

I can't see any way in which there will be a positive result as it is in the human nature to look out for number 1 and as oil begins to get really scarce the wars will be even more fierce.

Shell reported the biggest UK Corporate profit ever this year as the price of oil has been escalating. When the oil runs out there won't be enough renewable energy to go around and then we will see what happens.

Perhaps Mad Max isn't too far off! :eek:

14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I nominate Anthony for the Mel Gibson role... Haha

SEbasic, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You guys know all about how religious wars can tear apart a nation.

How long has N. Ireland been fighting with the UK?

16. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, so glad you're all right.

stephfoster, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Hey melfan, glad to hear you're OK :)

Anthony, the NI/UK/IRA trouble goes back a looong time, starting in about the 12th century... seriously! This last period dates back to the 1920s with the really bloody period of bombing being the late 60s to late 90s. There have been plenty of stories about British Government involvement in Loyalist activities and money from US and other sympathisers paying for Republican activities... our local Parachute Regiment was involved in Bloody Sunday... so not a nice time in our history.

It's been quiet for a while now, but with the big Northern Bank robbery in Belfast in December, it was claimed that Sinn Fein had knowledge of the robberies and even backed the raids so the peace process is a bit shaky right now...

Lever, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  18. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Religion and War will continue until the end of mother earth. There is a bible saying that goes like this "You see the sliver in your friend's eye, but you don't see the timber in your own eye. 2) When you take the timber out of your own eye, then you will see well enough to remove the sliver from your friend's eye."

If nation leaders (and specifically GWB) would fix their own countries first, others may be more inclined to listen to them. I don't want to get into a politcal-religious debate, but no country is perfect and we should work to correct our own first and let the other countries deal with theirs on their own. We can deliver aid, but we don't need to deliver a message...

NewComputer, Feb 14, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So Lever, religion continues to cause war, or may I say false religion shall destroy this world, not a bit of it is of God as he said men SHOULD NOT MURDER!!!

20. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Yes exactly, many men's interpretation of religion continues to cause conflict, as does greed, lies and many other things that many religious books all seem warn their flocks against. The "Not in my name" camapign should have been extended from the political to the religious...

But right now my hunger summons me, so I'm off to worship some good Italian home cooking :D

And I do hope melfan sleeps OK tonight.

Lever, Feb 14, 2005 IP