1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I hate dealing with health insurance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stephfoster, May 16, 2005.

Actually, it's more the doctor's office's fault than that of the insurance, except that things take so long to process.

My son Gage is going to have surgery to fix his craniosynostosis (long, narrow skull due to it fusing prematurely) on the 24th. We had to change insurance just days after the initial diagnosis, which royally screwed the entire referral process up. The doctor's office kept trying to do the referrals for the diagnosis and surgery through the old insurance, even though we told them at every contact that there was a change.

I finally got the contact info for the person responsible for getting the referrals and gave her the correct information. Now I'm calling her regularly to see how things are doing. I talked to her first on Wednesday last week, and as of today she hopes to have the referral back to her office by this Wednesday. Considering how close the surgery date is, it had better be done.

As you can imagine, I'm one frustrated and worried mother. Gage is 3 months old, so this is not easy to think about. I'm already wondering how many of the appointments we've already had we'll have to fight with the insurance company over because the referrals were done wrong.

Thank goodness I don't have a job outside the home! I would have had to quit just to cope with all of this.

stephfoster, May 16, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    What a bunch of horse shit!

I had to deal with some insurance issues a few years ago. I ended up paying $750 that I shouldn't have just because I didn't have the time or patience to deal w/ them any longer. I was just getting ready to buy a house and I didn't want it screwing my credit.

I hope everything works out for your family. This just isn't something you should have to worry about. That's the whole point of insurance!

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2005 IP