1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Hate Volkswagon !!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Daniel, Nov 24, 2004.

Hmmmmm

Anyone know what the logic is behind the whole reverse gear in a 5 speed manual VW?

I have no problem driving the car but alot of people I know just cant seem to understand the whole pushing down on the shifter and shifting into 1st to get into reverse.

Also I just brought the crappy car in to get a drive axel fixed and the mechanic tells me i need to order a tool from snap-on etc to allow him to be able to remove the axel from the tranni.

I cant believe this crap and I have to tell you the VW I have is a Jetta and I think its one of the MOST uncomfortable cars I have ever been in. The only and i mean ONLY thing I like about it is that it feels like a little race car because the stearing is amazing handles REALLY well.

Sorry I just needed to vent a little hehehe :)

Daniel, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Going backwards? :) ;)

darksat, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  3. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:

I didnt mean that darkstat !!!! The way they engineer the transmission to have to push down on the shifter and go into first gear I want to know if anyone knows why they make it that way as opposed to the standard 5 speed honda transmission etc etc

Daniel, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  4. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Well it could be worse - you could be driving an auto and they're just no fun...

Lever, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  5. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:

Hahahahhaha your right i do definitely enjoy standard more than automatic!

But I will say the AUTO transmission in the Dodge RAM with the HEMI that I have is just finnnneeeeeeeeee hehehehe nothing can ruin the enjoyment I get when drivign that BEAST !

again

I HATE VW !

hehehe in order to get the drive axel fixed I need to go to a specialized tool shop just to get a 12 pin 10mm bit so that the mechanic at the garage will be able to get the old part off and replace it with the new axel!

oh well such is life I guess !

Daniel, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  6. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    VW Beetle rear hub nut requires a 36mm socket, Renaults use big gauge torx/star drives (interior, head bolts etc.), Peugeot TU5J4L engine has no single coil, so all have to be replaced if just one goes wrong...

Special tools for special jobs keep people in work. If an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver could be used to fix ANY car then think of all the tools they wouldn't have to produce...

Now imagine that HEMI engine in a lighter car... much more fun than some wallowy old truck. If you can view WMV files then check this for a laugh (V8 in a Fiat 500 vs Porsche 911) http://media.hugi.is/hahradi/fyndnar/fiatvsporche.wmv (960K)

Lever, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  7. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the synchromesh on your gearbox is worn to me Daniel.... did a Lady own it before you..lol. If your mechanic can't drop the axel cos he aint got the right tools.....well, need I say more. It sounds like an older model to me as the push down method of reversing gears has been phased out in favour of a trigger below the gear knob by most manufacturers.... push down proved a clumsy and often awkward way to select reverse and often led to faulty or worn gearboxes.

VW by far rattle and moan.... and when they age and start to go wrong they can be very expensive.... my advice.. If the engine is noisy fill it with oil, put a few scoops of wood saw in it and sell it fast.... that will numb the sound of any friction for a few hundred miles at least and sell it sold as seen. lol.

giz, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  8. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahahahahah

I bought the car from my brother for 900$ It drives really well and is in great shape especially being a 92.

hehehe I’m glad to see they changed the reverse I didn’t know the newer models had changed.

The car will last quite a while I know its in good shape just have to fix one axel and the starter and its good to go for the winter. This is ony a winter car :)

One thing I like about the VW is that swapping engines is a very esyyyy job. So I think ill be able to prolong the life of this winter car for quite a few years :)

Really I just don’t like that I have to buy the tool for the mechanic. I was referred to a VW mechanic that only works on VW ill be going to him in the future for any problems that may arise. If it weren’t about to be winter here in Canada Id fix the stuff myself

Lesson learnt!

Daniel, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  9. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm... that would be sexy to watch Daniel... ;)

Can't wait to watch you work on your cars!

Colleen, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  10. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The reverse was designed that way to keep someone from hitting it by accident.

Go to www.thesamba.com and join the forum, there are many people that know their VW's there.

I have a 58 VW 11 window bus.

debunked, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  11. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehehe as much as I know you will LOVE that... Let's hope I dont have to do it tooooo often. Id much rather the cars run properly without having to work on them all the time.

But hey at least if we break down I usually know what's wrong :)

Daniel, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  12. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Babe YOU would love it too, you told me so that rainy, Delta night.

A dirty Dan in any form is a good Dan.

Colleen, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  13. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    yes your right :)

As long as it's with you Ill love whatever we do :):)

Daniel, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  14. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    :)

I just thought I would say that I got the starter and the drive Axel fixed that day once I got the 12 pin torx bit that the mechanic needed.

Ever since the Jetta runs VERY VERY well.

The handeling is awesome. I was doing 160 Km / h this mornign on the highway and the car rocks! Cornering is beautiful.

I will say though 1992 VW Jetta is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE inside the car but definitely FUN to drive :)

Daniel, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  15. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kalina....what is it with you?
    You should bottle it and sell it...whatever it is :D

G
    (aka Solicitors Mortgages)

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That does not sound right.. Are you taking your VW to a VW or Import Auto Mechanic, or the local ford garage? Strange..

Mia, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  17. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    My first car was a VW golf.. what a car!!!

I had loads of fun in that car :D

DarrenC, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  18. Colleen

Best Answers:
    Yep it's bottled and I carry it on a chain around my neck. :confused:

I am thinking of marketing it next, all in good time.

Kalina

Colleen, Nov 29, 2004 IP