1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have my idea - now help me get started!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Me0w, Jan 28, 2010.

Hi guys!

So I've decided to try and make money online. I've read the forums for a couple of days now and I've had several different ideas.

First, I considered just doing something that seems to work for everyone else, like a movie streaming site with CPAlead or article marketing with blogs and adsense.

Then I figured, that maybe I should use some of my skills? I've been working with graphic design and making websites for a long time, so I started looking up different ways of earning money this way but the competition is huge and I'm unsure exactly how to get started.

My latest idea is based on what everyone keeps saying - pick something you like.

Now, I've had a YouTube channel for a long time where I made different World of Warcraft videos. In the beginning, I made these simply because I enjoyed it and they quickly became popular. The one that's the most popular is a very useful gold farming video with well over 100 000 views. My channel currently has over 2400 subscribers and it keeps growing every day.

Linked from this channel, I have a blogspot blog. I don't really write that much in it, I mainly just link my videos. I recently added AdSense to it but it's not paying off at all, and that's not too strange because my blog doesn't get more than maybe 30 unique visitors a day.

So here's my idea - I'm thinking about writing a WoW strategy game guide about making gold. There's a lot of these already, they're usually PDFs and sell for about $20-40.

My plan was to first of all, obviously, write the guide and make sure it's a good quality guide and not just some generic garbage. Then I need to find a proper way to promote it. I'm probably going to add it to clickbank and do an affiliate program. I'll also add it to my blog and probably YouTube channel, all though my subscribers are probably going to call me a sellout for doing so. After that I'll probably have to start building some more traffic to my blog and especially to the guide. Maybe add it to its own domain? How can I make it more well known? People keep mentioning things like article marketing, PPC and backlinking but I'm very new in this business and I'm still a bit unsure about it all.

Another great idea I had was to combine CPAlead with this. A lot of the market are young people that either don't have a lot of money or are incapable of buying stuff online. So I thought, maybe I could release parts of the product for free as long as they fill out a CPAlead survey?

So what do you think? Any tips or suggestions on how I should do this? Or maybe I shouldn't do it at all, and instead start small with something else?

Thanks a lot! :)

Me0w, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  2. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    You must focus on ONE thing.

Then take action on it. Until you succeed.

Plain and simple.

I can help you if you wish... Just shoot me a PM.

nowimhere, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  3. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, well I've pretty much decided on the whole strategy guide idea now.

So my focus is to create a product and sell it through clickbank. Now I'm looking for ideas on how to publish and market it once it's created.

Me0w, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  4. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you need to focus on just one thing considering if it doesn't work out your kinda left at square one again.

I think your idea sounds good, give it a shot. Your YouTube page should help you get some traffic going.

If your focus is just on one thing...you're going to pass up other opportunities that may work out. You don't know if you don't ever test it...

ManMadeMarketing, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks.

I've actually changed my idea a bit now and I think it's going to be a huge success. I'll divide the product into pieces, and to access every piece you need to do a survey. :)

Quick question:

I'm starting to plan a cpalead website but how does cpalead work? Do I need a solid website platform or can I just write my own simple HTML website?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    Me0w, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just a simple HTML template will do the job.
    But your site must meet the cpa lead requirement before they accept you.

mentos, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  7. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay. What are their requirements? Their site doesn't say that much...

Me0w, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  8. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    am sure your idea wold succeed.

tech_savvy, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  9. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the more I think about it the better I feel about it. :)

Whenever I release a new video, I get about 1500 views in just 1-2 days. Around 1000 of these views are from subscribers, so it's dedicated viewers. I'm sure a lot of them will visit the website. Some of them might get discouraged by the surveys, but I still think a lot of people will do them. So maybe 200-300 people doing a survey that gives me $1 each the first day. :) And then I'm not counting any other traffic to the website. These sites spread very quickly.

Two new questions though,

1. Do you reckon I should buy hosting for the website? I know a couple of good free hosts without any ads, but maybe it's still worth it? It's just a basic HTML site though, but on the other hand there's a lot of pictures on it.

2. Cpalead doesn't cost anything to register on, right? They just take a share of the surveys, I don't have to pay monthly fees or so?

Update on the project by the way... Website is done, it looks really professional, I'm very proud of it (as I mentioned before, I've done graphic design and especially webdesign a lot earlier). I'm currently filling it with content which is gonna take a looong time. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    Me0w, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  10. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for doubble post guys, I just wanted to update you on how it's going:

http://www.siianagold.com is the website! Looks great huh?! Made in less than a day. Far from complete though ;) any input?

Me0w, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  11. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    It's coming together nicely! Are you still using CPALead? I cant seem to find your surveys - if you need any help just PM me your MSN and I can help you with a gateway or whatever! :).

EDIT: Found them! :D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    InvestInPixels, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  12. Pizzaman1123

Pizzaman1123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good. cpalead is on the 2nd page through the links on the bottom of the page.

Pizzaman1123, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  13. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As one of the others have said, you need to focus on ONE THING. If you are scattered all over to hell and gone, you are bound to fail. Especially if you are just starting out.

If you are looking for something where it is worth your time, and you are looking to make sure to get return on your investment you really need to take a peek at these following links. A CLIP STORE is your best bang for your buck, but a celebrity site can be a winner as well if you do it right. Happy reading, and good luck!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1635570

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1630283

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1668180

Barefootsies, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  14. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah they're there, just not on the first page! ;)

The first page just presents the product, and once the visitor actually clicks any parts of the products he or she has to do a survey.

I have one question though, when I go to the gateway I get "Sorry, There are no surveys available to your
    country at this time. Please try back later"

Is it like that for you guys too? And before when I tried a survey and finished it, it still wouldn't let me in! :eek:
    Yeah I'm considering moving up the buttons to make it a bit more clear.
    Um thanks but did you read any of the latest posts at all? :p

Me0w, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  15. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Did you set your gateway for international surveys, or a specific country?

"Sorry, There are no surveys available to your
    country at this time. Please try back later

Before when I tried a survey and finished it, it still wouldn't let me in!"

Doesnt that kinda contradict itself? In my trial runs, some of the trials I did didn't let me in either. Weird. Have you earnt anything yet?

16. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    I read the initial O.P. where you seemed indecisive and offered up advice based on your remarks of thinking of different ideas.

Also addressing the remark of "picking what you like".

:rolleyes:

17. Me0w

Me0w Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah sorry a bit messy explained.

First, I got one survey up and completed it. I still didn't get let through... So I refreshed and was going to try again and I got that error message. I haven't earned anything yet. I haven't touched the settings for countries etc yet.

Barefootsies: Hehe aight. Well I've given this a shot now, we'll see how it goes. Thanks anyway :)

Me0w, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  18. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    Well when you create your gateway you do the country settings, it's probably on international now though. Not sure what the problem could be! Good luck :)!

19. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    No worries hoss. Just trying to help.

I have seen plenty of people come and go in your position. I hate to see people burn their money, time and investment chasing a fool's errand. Plenty do, or they invest in these things that.... best case scenario will show a return in a year or more..... and give up before.

The honest truth to most posting in the forums is they want a ROI, and they want to see it in a fairly short order. They do not want to be waiting 9/12 months before seeing a few crumbs trickle in. Most who've done their research realize they will not be dot com boom millionaires in a year. But if you are investing a lot of time and energy in something. You would like to see a return of some kind, understandably so.

20. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get some affiliates from JV notify pro.com

Good luck!

nowimhere, Jan 29, 2010 IP