1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a bit of help

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by monica85, Nov 8, 2011.

Hello!
    I just got Adobe Photoshop CS 5 extended and since I'm a beginner with it I can't manage to set up the tools I want to use on the tool bar can anyone help me please?
    Thanks!

monica85, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  2. pranav.singh7

pranav.singh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    Photoshop CS5 setup is simple drag and drop.
    As a beginner the most common tool that you would require would be the Layers tab on the right hand side of your screen, keep it on the always visible end, i.e the extreme right, and the basic toolbar containing all the default tools (eg: Move, Marquee, Quick Selection, Crop, etc.. ) on the left hand side of the screen. You should not move the toolbar on the left as it contains all the essential tools you would require when you work.

Another toolbar that you might require (certainly I do) is the character toolbar, you'll find it in the Window dropdown list, it is used to handle your texts, fix it somewhere on the right hand side, basic drag & drop.

Rest all depends on how you are going to use photoshop, you can set all the toolbars accordingly, all of them are available in Window drop-down.
    Layers (shortcut F7) is something you would always require.

Hope you found it informative.

pranav.singh7, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  3. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, keep the history tab visible. It's very useful, because since you are a beginner, you do too much new things and sometimes need to step them back or just view what have you done. history tab is very useful in that case.

Ella_Z., Nov 8, 2011 IP
  4. bobwillz

bobwillz Active Member

Best Answers:
    CS5 is advance version , and if you are beginner then i think its better to start from previous version like photoshop 7.0 and CS3 !
    here you can find easy tool to work easily.

bobwillz, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  5. syntaxed

syntaxed Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, actually, I don't really feel any interface difference when using different versions of photoshop. There're just hidden here and there by a single click. Still, the newer versions feel more comfortable to work with.

syntaxed, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  6. vanggelica

vanggelica Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you simply read and follow video tutorials photoshop. on this forum a lot who shareit,

vanggelica, Jan 2, 2012 IP