1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a little extra help finding clients for freelance social media marketing and more writing.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by wheelstb, Mar 13, 2014.

I am trying to get into freelance marketing. I would like to help people create blog and social media content. It has been suggested to me to hang out at the places where people look for help with these topics and offer my assistance and check out places like elance.com. I have been trying these approaches for a while and haven't had any luck finding opportunities.

What other approaches or strategies should I use? Thank you in advance for the help.

wheelstb, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  2. JKulp42757

JKulp42757 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would try Facebook. Post a message to your newsfeed, lettings your friends know what you offer. And give them a huge discount...this will allow you to: 1. Get a client, and 2. Have a testimonial/Referral to use for future business.

To get an even higher response, pay for your post to be "boosted" (create a page for your freelance business), and target FB users in your area.

I have a photographer friend who does this, and it works great for them.

JKulp42757, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  3. vivekthakur

vivekthakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should try on odesk too.

vivekthakur, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  4. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. I actually don't have that many friends on Facebook I'm not a hard-core social media guy. But I do have some great experience generating social media content. That is why that is what I want to start with. I will definitely see if there are any possible avenues on Facebook I could use. I will also check odesk.com
    Does anyone have any advice on how to structure a proposal for a freelance project?

wheelstb, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just recently started on odesk and has gained high ratings lately. I'm trying to create an odesk team, maybe we can be partners.

enhu, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  6. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds great. I would definitely be interested. I just sent you a private message with my email address so that we can work things out.

wheelstb, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  7. ramakrishnach

ramakrishnach Member

Best Answers:
    If you are newbie, First sign up with fiverr and seoclerks. You will get to know how to handle clients and how to respond to clients, Soon you will get to used to work with ease and the sign up for elance and odesk. You are going to earn better!

ramakrishnach, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  8. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will definitely look into starting there to get my feet wet.

wheelstb, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  9. Mikhail19

Mikhail19 Member

Best Answers:
    You can sign up for the biggest freelance marketplaces: Elance, oDesk and Freelancer. This is free and will give you a lot of possibilities to deal with real jobs.

Mikhail19, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  10. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I haven't yet applied for any freelance jobs, I'm assuming I'll have to write a proposal. Does anyone have any advice on how to write proposals correctly?
    I know that proposals will be different for every type of job, but I would appreciate any general advice anyone could offer.

wheelstb, Mar 29, 2014 IP