1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help implementing some criteria..

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Iron Hide, Apr 25, 2011.

Hi,

I was surfing a forum website and got 2 ideas for my own forum website. I want to implement 2 criteria/policy which works like this:

1) New member can view x number of posts before he is restricted, and asked to post something to continue surfing the forum.

2) Don't let a member access a special forum category unless he has x number of posts.

I saw these two policies working on that website and want to impose that on mine. Anyone knows how to accomplish that?

Thanks

Iron Hide, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  2. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using vBulletin 4.1.3

Iron Hide, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  3. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I know why you want these?
    I don't know how to put theses restrictions. But I prefer to stay away from such forums. Internet is about freedom not about restrictions. Just a view.

c4cyber, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  4. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well it depends. I mean, who doesn't want people to register in their forum instead of just viewing all your contents as unregistered. You may also want your registered members to post something instead of just reading other people's view and not commenting or replying back.

Iron Hide, Apr 26, 2011 IP