1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need QUICK advice on a PayPal issue

Discussion in 'General Business' started by CEILA, Jan 31, 2011.

I've just begun selling ad space on one of my Websites and needless to say, I'm promoting it heavily and I'm eager to sell it. Today, I received several e-mails from a guy who says that he's interested and needs my PayPal e-mail to make payment. I'm hesitant to give it to him for several reasons: he can easily submit his info and make payment on my Website; when asked about the content of his ad, he doesn't answer but asks again for my PayPal e-mail. Of course I want to sell the ad space. What damage can he cause to me if he is a hacker?............. I'm concerned with security.

CEILA, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. Jakiller

Jakiller Member

Best Answers:
    If you are just going to give him your paypal mail, i dont think thats going to cause you any problems.

Jakiller, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  3. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    What all do you have to give someone to set them up for buying ad space?

Hope you get what im asking.

God bless,
    William Veasley

William Veasley, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  4. Sythx09

Sythx09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay well paypal has little buttons that you can put into your website that will make payments easier. I don't know if you have one of those already in your website or not. If you do already have a button on your website than you shouldn't have to give that person your paypal email address. It is okay though to give it to that person because your paypal email address is what is use to identify who to send the money too. As long as you don't give the person your password you will be fine.

Sythx09, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  5. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    How many times have you asked him about the content? If it's once, he might have missed the question. If he's avoiding it multiple times, that's more reason to concern. As to security, as long as you don't give him your password, you should be fine.

Steve Marino, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry.

It can be do any damage to your paypal.

The best he can do is reverse chargeback.

mentos, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. CEILA

CEILA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone! To Sthx09: that's the point, one can easily input content and pay Online from my Website using PayPal buttons. So let me tell you how the story unfolded. First, he wanted my PayPal e-mail. I responded by asking about his Website and content of his ad. Then he repeated his request without answering my questions. (I insisted because the e-mail had no signature and even his e-mail address was generic: gmail.) By the third e-mail he relented and starting sharing his company name and ad content. By the fourth e-mail he decided to purchase more ad space. THEN, I relented and gave him my PayPal e-mail but not before changing the password. So far, he didn't come back. Whether or not he'll turn out to be a customer remains to be seen, but even if so, the lesson here is to beware of such an approach because - assuming he will become a customer - he used this method to circumvent the system and get low rates on my prime real estate which he couldn't have purchased on the Website. (He's trying to get $100 a month space for $10 a month.) In other words, if it smells like a fish, it most likely is... I appreciate everyone's input and concern!

CEILA, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. dyorn

dyorn Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't feel comfortable with someone then don't do business with them.

No amount of money is worth the trouble of a bad customer.

There will will always be more customers.

dyorn, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  9. CEILA

CEILA Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right. Accidentally, the guy who was in such an incredible rush that we've exchange 4 e-mails in ONE day, didn't come back.........

CEILA, Feb 1, 2011 IP