1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some help with content management for a nightmare website!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mark5022, Sep 27, 2006.

I currently own a website that is hosted on Yahoo Web hosting "Windows Server" could be changed to Apache if needed. The website currently has about 1000 static pages of content. I have been updating the website with Dreamweaver for about the last year and "don't laugh" Yahoo sitebuilder the year before that. If I sell a link or need to change an ad I have to manually edit every page the ad or link is on. The site is pure HTML content there are no Java logins, email signups, guest book etc... I need something that can grow with my site. I want to have a few thousand pages up by the end of next year. The website is not a blog site and I really don’t want a CMS that makes it feel like one.

What I need from a Content Management System:
    1. Light and fast ie. fast loading pages
    2. Adsense – CPM sales - Affiliate friendly
    3. SEO friendly - Static Pages Only
    4. Able to convert my existing static pages over without any issues
    5. Very little down time to convert the website over
    6. Easy - Low learning curve
    7. Good range of templates

or should I go with a content management system at all? Are there other alternatives?

Thanks,

mark5022, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  2. jrlane7

jrlane7 Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem I see with using a content management system, would be: 4. Able to convert my existing static pages over without any issues.

Content Management Websites are database driven. You would need a program to parse and extract your page info, and add it to the database.

I could build one that could address all your issues, but not on a Window's Server.

UNIX with PERL 5 or higher installed. Apache would work fine.

Static HTML is the best for SE's. I mainly work with real estate and my area their are about 1300 listings at any given time. The update program that I wrote for the MLS creates 2 pages for each listing. Normal and then a print friendly. The SE's like them 2600 pages to index. Brewed fresh daily.

jrlane7, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. alchamy

alchamy Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Joomla with great success, there are some extensions which will help with your existing static pages.

alchamy, Sep 30, 2006 IP