1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some serious CMS help!!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mvdk1093, Dec 3, 2010.

Hello,

I work for a company who has hired a web developer to create our website. I act as a web master, updating information, ensuring admins have the information they need, ect.

The main part of our website is an opt-out form. There are 4 institutions whose employees fill out this form with a total of around 24,000 people filling it out during the duration of one month, all on separate websites, run by the Bitrix CMS.

When they fill out the form, Bitrix will save it to the back end and we use their information to refund their money. If they dont fill out the form within the deadline, they are unable to have their money refunded.

The issue we are having is the amount of people coming to us saying their opt out did not get processed and their money was not refunded. They registered for our site (which we see, they have profiles created) but no opt out was completed. The history in the back end of Bitrix only lasts 3 days!! We arent able to see anything our visitors do from the last month so we cannot rely on that to see if they are telling the truth.

We have people giving accounts of exactly what they would go through to fill out the form, but no opt out is there. Is it possible that Bitrix messed this up? Last year, at one institution, they had 4 people appealing to opt out, this year they had 53. One institution had 100 people claiming to not receive a refund after opting out. Our web developers claim there is a failure rate of 2% which can be due to traffic, connections etc. This is not ideal.

It is interesting that this is happening because we had one institution do the opt out differently. Because they required financial information to be saved, our host did not want to save it to their server, so we used an IT group to create a separate form and save the information to phpMyAdmin. Turns out, NO ONE is claiming to have not received their opt out.

It seems really fishy to me and I really need some answers from other people in the business. Our developers are no longer willing to help us out with this and claim it isnt Bitrix that is the problem..

Can you help me understand all of this?

I've been told that Bitrix is a "no name" product, is this true? Should we move to something like Drupal? What CMS can handle the things we need?

mvdk1093, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  2. gianna

gianna Peon

Best Answers:
    It is Better to go to Joomla than Drupal as Joomla is a user friendly CMS and you can change the details when ever required from back end.

gianna, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. georgerogers

georgerogers Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree joomla is a good way to go as there are an infinite number of extensions that you can plug into the website to make it more accessible I am sure you can find one that meets your requirements!

georgerogers, Dec 8, 2010 IP