1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Own an Amazing Domain for Healthy Recipes! What to do with it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by trident, Mar 9, 2011.

Hey guys so I picked up an incredible domain name that can easily become a solid brand name for a website that focuses on recipes that help people lose weight and get into shape. This is an evergreen niche as you all know.

My question is what should i do with the site. I want to develop it and I have thought of several options -

1) Create an ebook of healthy recipes and market it using the highly marketable brand name of the site and monetize with clickbank

2) Create a simple recipe site and monetize using adsense or something similar

I want to know what more experienced website developers think of this idea? Also open for JV opportunities. I will be in London in April and New York in May if anyone wants to get together to knock around ideas.

I own several other domains that I am looking to develop such as directory sites for software developers, Internet marketing, safe investments, ladies clothing etc

trident, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  2. midwestbonsai

midwestbonsai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would try to do both! Good Luck

midwestbonsai, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  3. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I would monetize it with Adsense. I would start small, maybe a couple targeted recipes that have good search volume and low competition. Once that is bringing in a good amount of traffic, expand to more recipes. You can't start a massive site right off the bat unless you have tons of resources and a good reliable team to work with. It sounds like you are a 1 man team so just start small, do your research, and rank up top for targeted keywords!

Good luck!

Tamcake, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  4. John@Plymbridge

John@Plymbridge Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very hard to come up with anything new on the internet, it requires luck, inspiration and very hard work.

If it was me I'd do vast amounts of research on other "Healthy Recipe" sites to see what your competition are doing. Learn from the best and improve - and learn from the worst and avoid.

Good luck!

John@Plymbridge, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  5. Justanotheradmin

Justanotheradmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do the complete opposite of what the domain name suggest in order to get a viral marketing campaign going.

Justanotheradmin, Mar 9, 2011 IP