1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I own rights to a rapid image reading technology

Discussion in 'General Business' started by oxidati0n, Feb 20, 2010.

Hey guys!

Let me tell you about my situation:
    After months and months of trying to enhance it, we were stuck on the technology as it had problems (Oct 09) and we then acquired a company, and we improved this technology with a lot of money (about $11,500 invested total) and we've come up with this technology.

It is technology which reads images and tells you every possible aspect of images, even original file names, and popularity of the image (becomes more accurate as the API becomes more used) and even checks where the images are hosted (using seperate crawling technology). It handles the image in almost 0.7 seconds, and I'm even using it in my new text-based game and it's really impressive (I occassionally try to improve it with the series of coders I have). It also immediately matches images based on pixel identity, which is a part of the technology, all these assets build up what I call my baby.

I'll let you know, basically if someone uploads a image, a basic transfer to my website through API (CURL, etc) and it returns a large multitude of data and even we've integrated a crawling technology into it so it can also become a reverse-image search app.

The main diamond is what it can do, and how fast it can do it, but obviously, image hosts wouldn't want to pay incredible amounts of money to us for it - so I am double minded towards what I should do with it.

It currently has over 450 GB of image information (it automatically compresses into around 5 MB, very impressive - using our checksum technology).

I am interested in people wanting to buy it, and even do a joint venture. I'm currently a very high profile entrepreneur in the UK, and I don't want do a little deal that doesn't do anything - if someone has ideas, wants to partner, or even wants to buy it I am wanting ideas.
    On the other hand, I am wanting advice, as to do with technology I am very unprofessional with - so I need quality advice that I can evaluate.

I'm wondering if I can wait until the image market enhances (it will with the ever growing cloud market, and the more people that use cloud hosting, the cheaper resources will be = meaning more image hosts) - of which, easy image servicing will be necessary.

My representatives said I should integrate image hosting, as I'm a minor investor in the world's largest cloud hosting platform (which leases to people like Rackspace, GoGrid, etc - I think) so I can be heard to sign some deals and get some image hosting apps in our platform and also have the ability to change a couple of numbers and let our technology let it run and do all the hard work.

Here's what came up when I uploaded this picture on the platform (sensitive things removed, such as local host, etc):

[uploadInfo] => Array
            (
                [url] => http://www.wikipic.net/_A5YnU_Ug
                [flagged] => false /*If our staff have checked if the image has been flagged as adult*/
                [active] => false /*Inactive images mean most data will not be available*/
                [locked] => false /*If a user has locked the article associated with the image on WikiPic.net,*/
                [short_url] => false /*If a short URL has been generated, to speed up the social messaging abilities */
                [upload_times] => 14 /*To show the popularity of the image (can be percentaged) */
                [raw_code] => A5YnU_Ug /*This can be stored in a database to quickly search & scan images - created by WikiPic API*/
                [uploader_source] => API /*Where it was originally discovered*/
                [hits] => 0 /*How many hits the link has received*/
                [lastvisit] => 1266415326 /*In unix timestamp when the image was last publically seen through the site, API, or partner*/
                [uploader_id] => 0 /*User of the uploader, if not logged in, MD5 of the IP*/
                [width] => 150 /*Width of the image*/
                [height] => 70 /*Height of the image*/
                [size] => 2991 /*byte size of the image - this image is 2.9kb*/
                [type] => PNG /*Scanned file type, not based on file extension*/
                [name] => 5ce88bc226f383e29eae75776a3d00c3.png /*The first, original name of the file when it was uploaded - unless changed via WikiPic.net*/
                [content] => false /*If any information related to the image is available*/
                [checksum] => c4b11b7d93803280c052095744b92697 /*This is the checksum of the whole image compressed - created by the technology*/
            )

[processInfo] => Array
            (
                [time] => 1266702565
                [request] => /api/upload-beta.json
                [server] => www.wikipic.net
                [version] => 1.0
            )

Code (markup):
    This is just a couple months of work, with a lot of preservation in process. We're easily able to add much more as we have built the core infrastructure (accepting suggestions).
    Thank you, and I'm excited to hear your comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    oxidati0n, Feb 20, 2010 IP