1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I suck!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Dev0115, May 9, 2007.

I have these 2 pictures, which are going to be place on a cd, which will be given out..Anyhow, I got the picture cut out and what not, and I made the background transparent, so that when I use a background on the cd, the white does mess it up..Can someone please do this, I need only the pictures, I dont want the white crap around it..Just the circles, no background!..I'll give reP!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9856/000si9.jpg

Dev0115, May 9, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this going to be printed directly on the CD? The file is in JPG.. to make it transparent you'll need to delete the white in photoshop than save it w/ transparency as a GIF or PNG

8everything, May 9, 2007 IP
  3. kingcaw

kingcaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Save it as a png or gif

kingcaw, May 9, 2007 IP
  4. Dev0115

Dev0115 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ohh so you have to save it to those formats, thanks again guys..Man 8everything, you seem to always help me out, almost every thread I've made! Thanks

Dev0115, May 9, 2007 IP
  5. Poxicator

Poxicator Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're talking about a print job which I think you are then you should NOT save as either .png or gif as neither of them are supported in print and your results will be far from what you expect.
    Web images require both those formats but a characteristic of these formats is that they are in RGB or Index colour which Print does not support, your images need to be saved in CMYK. Print production works under the language of Postscript which does not support transparency. You therefore need to save your images with the exact background CMYK colour values, it needs to be approx 300dpi and used S/S. As you're image is an oval I'd suggest a clipping path and saved as either .eps or .tif

Poxicator, May 10, 2007 IP