1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think I need another CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by alphamonk, Apr 7, 2009.

I use the CMS XOOPS on my main website and I am very happy with it. It is very configurable and has just about every module that I could want and writing a new module when I can not find what I want is simple too.

The reason for this thread is, I have a few other sites, where I use Zen-Cart as a CMS because of the great banner management that Zen-Cart has and the ease of operation of Zen-Carts E-Z pages. I don't actually sell a product on any of my Zen-Cart sites through Zen-Cart itself. I just like the ease of adding my PPC links and tracking the activity with Zen-Cart.

What good CMS are you using that has very good banner management and banner placement, click tracking, log checking, comes bare bones as far as initial modules or extensions go, but has a ton of modules or extensions available and uses PHP as the programming language. If it uses Smarty template engine, that would be a very nice plus.

alphamonk, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  2. CTBoss

CTBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Wordpress. Tons of plugins, php and lots of documentation. I don't code but have found it very easy to find programmers that are versed in Wordpress. And once the design is done it is very easy to update.

CTBoss, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is a blog. However, its highly customization thems and powerful plug-ins make it to be used as CMS.

E.g. seo.com is built on wordpress. Just look at the theme and SEO.

MayurGondaliya, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  4. free3dart

free3dart Active Member

Best Answers:
    why dont you try Virtuemart, it exist as joomla component as well as complete package, above all its free (open source)

free3dart, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  5. BlackhatVault

BlackhatVault Banned

Best Answers:
    In the beginning I only used Joomla, and I thought that Wordpress only were to be used as a blogging software, but it's really not.
    You can get themes/templates for Wordpress which makes it an ideal CMS. If you do not want to use Wordpress, you could try some other CMS like e107.org.

BlackhatVault, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  6. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it`s important to find a CMS that you feel your`re comfortable with, because you`re going to use it for a while I guess.
    I would recommend Wordpress together with a theme\template that you like !

brianconor, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  7. hounder

hounder Peon

Best Answers:
    learn php and make your own cms, much better then using something built by someone else.

hounder, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  8. somewhere

somewhere Guest

Best Answers:
    hey wait. do you real put banner and manage it by your own site? is it your own banner??
    i'm very interesting with your site.would you like show it?

somewhere, Apr 13, 2009 IP