1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I thought this was funny...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ViciousSummer, Apr 12, 2005.

So, I received a shipment of new belt buckles for my store (ViciousStyle.com) and one of the buckles was so ridiculously ugly that I had a hard time writing a description for it. SO I ended up putting it up on eBay with the description "*THE UGLIEST BELT BUCKLE EVER* Hideous Pink Ugly Funky!". And guess what?! It got a bid within 2 minutes of the auction going live! Haha...I guess there is a huge demand for ugly belt buckles :rolleyes: :D

ViciousSummer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    People even buy old sandwiches at Ebay, I'm sure you will find a buyer for your belt :D

fryman, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with that, Elvis had a "Pink Cadillac" :p

Great looking page Summer...

Why not teach us poor members how to sell on eBay, have Shawn start a eBay forum here on DP and your thread could be the first one in the new forum, would be great for us know nothings to learn how to make money on eBay plus Shawn could get high up in Google with a forum like that on DP.

How about it because I have a lot of junk and need to sell it so I don't go broke in this Bush Economy :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    As long as you find a niche and are selling something that no one else is, you will definately make money on eBay. I mean, come on now, someone just bought "The Ugliest Belt Buckle Ever" from me :eek: ;) ...

ViciousSummer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I got stuff like doors off of a 61 Ford T-bird :p

What I am asking you to do is to start a forum on eBay selling because we need help here, I know that there is a giant demand for this information and the forum could benefit big time not only from a thread but a forum here also.

I need help NOW BEFORE I GO BROKE :eek: :eek:

6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    an ebay section could be cool, so long as it didn't get spammy

way to go VS - i have to say i wouldn't buy an ugly pink belt buckle though :)

wendydettmer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Hell an eBay section would be the most popular Forum here as it is the biggest business on the internet today :eek:

Folks pay big money for e-books and stuff to learn to sell on eBay, the forum would just have to ban those kinds of posts.

8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As VS said, you just need to find a niche. You won't do much selling old car doors, but find something people would like and is difficult for them to get and you will hit the jackpot. I have always wanted to start selling stuff at Ebay, I am a few miles away from Taxco, where the best silver items are made, and from Tepoztlan, where you can find beautiful mexican handcrafts. I just have been too lazy to continue with the project, but maybe one day I will start it...

VS, one question. What would happen if I list 80 items for sale, and end up selling only 7? Will the money I spent listing the other items be wasted? Seems kind of risky, I've seen loads of items without any bids at Ebay

fryman, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I've wanted to sell on Ebay for a long time. I always ran into the same problem...what to sell, what to compete with. Most of what I've looked it, ebay sellers have the lower prices than I can find wholesale.

I've had an account since 1999 with all of 20 items sold. Mostly stuff I use, then get new stuff, and sell the old stuff.

Working late at night, I often see some infomercial about some ebay selling program. One of those thirty minute "you'll be rich in 30 days" type.

GTech, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    G-tech, we don't need that if VS would just teach us how to do it, you need a digital camera and some software like Andale and you can put up a frickin store on ebay easy.

We just need someone like VS to lead the forum in the right direction because she is doing it already successfully.

11. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of the stuff that I would sell on ebay are low cost items (crafts, etc), and with ebay raising their rates for listings, it wouldn't be worth the money.

wendydettmer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  12. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Setting up a store and selling is the easy part, imho. Trying to compete with products others are selling at $49.00 when the cheapest price you can find from a wholesaler is $64.00...that's the hard part. Finding a good wholesaler that doesn't require a HUGE buy-in with prices you can compete with.

GTech, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    VS hit and run act.....

Everytime I ask her for help she just leaves me in the dust, see what I am dealing with here guys :confused: :eek:

14. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of things I need to sell on Ebay but couldn't stand the thought of all the work writing descriptions and taking pictures for a one-time event. I got the idea of building a site that is a combination of what I know about Ebay selling, copies of my auction listings plus data about who visits each auction, how they find it etc. I spent the weekend writing and www.Q79.com is what I have so far. Its far from finished, but maybe is food for thought for this thread.

mhdoc, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like a great site, if I had enough rep points I would give you some positive rep for that post mhdoc, maybe the others will do it for me :)

You have put a lot of work into that website, thanks for posting the link, it will be helpful to the members here interested in selling on eBay. :eek:

16. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the sweetest belt buckle!

http://www.icedoutgear.com/BB58.php

What would yours say?

Help Desk, Apr 26, 2005 IP