1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I understand rss but for a hmtl site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Mr.tyro, Mar 30, 2008.

I'm still stuck with plain web development skills or tactics and rss and subscriptions is something i dont quite grasp.

I understand rss feed is your content in a simpler form read by a feed reader which users can suscribe to? I also understand that feedburner is a good rss option but it only works for blogs? How can i apply feedburner or another type of rss subscription system for a all html based website.

The site
    www.Rawgrip.com

Mr.tyro, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  2. Mr.tyro

Mr.tyro Guest

Best Answers:
    Anyone don't leave friend stranded?

Another question or instead of having to recreate my original pages from html to xml and then submit as a feed should i just convert whole of my site from hmtl to xml?

Mr.tyro, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  3. owenj

owenj Guest

Best Answers:
    Feedburner is not just used for blogs. TigerDirect actually has a feedburner feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Tigerdirectcom

Basically you use RSS in conjunction with your html site. This would let people subscribe to your feed and you would hopefully get more visitors. You need some sort of tool to assist you in creating your feed. Whats your URL? I can take a look and see if it is something that will be easy to do. Do you have PHP available on your server?

owenj, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  4. Mr.tyro

Mr.tyro Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it allows PHP and its posted above.

Mr.tyro, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  5. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kodut, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  6. Mr.tyro

Mr.tyro Guest

Best Answers:
    One question my site looks a little different and will i have to host this as a separate page or replace my old html? And if replaced will i be able to add feed burner?

Mr.tyro, Mar 31, 2008 IP