1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to invest some money .. Need ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by zishanmohd, Oct 10, 2014.

1. dwhswebhosting

dwhswebhosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah your best best is an affiliate program.

Find something good you want to sell, grab a site and domain, then market it on fiver once it's built. Most sites have free web builders and templates to build a pro site and start marketing with.

dwhswebhosting, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  2. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to say without maybe understanding what interests you have -- or background. I'd think you'd want to be invested in something that you're interested in at the same time?

gotlivechat, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  3. designventures

designventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    $20 for content creation
    $40 for SEO service

Can you give me more details on the two items? $40 for SEO? What service you would buy? I believe you mean to refer to sites like fiver to get best out of your buck...

designventures, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  4. lucky24

lucky24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I just wanted to give you a real life example from my first (offline) business and it's returns. I have invested around $10.000 upfront in it. Now it has returned the whole initial investment back (25 months after I started it) and it is giving a steady return to my family of around $400 monthly (if you calculate ROI on this thing, now it's 48% per year). So, my results are "a little" short of what you expect as return on investment, but I'm pretty satisfied about how this business performs. Of course, I have expansion plans, but this is how it performs at this point in time.

There are two points to notice here:
    1. You will have to invest "a little" more than $300 to be able to start a real business (it's irrelevant if your business is online or offline)
    2. You will have to wait for quite a while to get returns on initial investment

So, if you are ready to wait for a few years after initial investment you might get returns on investment that are greater than returns on your bank deposits. Otherwise I would strongly suggest that you deposit money in the bank. Compound interest works wanders in long term. You can be a millionaire without lifting a finger if you just let compound interest work for you for let's say 30 - 40 years. I still have majority of my investments returning me passive income this way (from 2% to 8% per year - depending on what I invested in). And those are fixed interest rates in case you were wandering. :)

If I'm in your shoes, I would deposit that money in the bank. I would also steal from myself every month the same amount of money and keep on putting this money on top of this initial $300 investment (whatever you can afford every month).

In the mean time, find out how much will it cost you to start your own business. Hire someone to make financial projections for first 2 years of your business, if you can't do it on your own (but I will strongly advise that you learn how to do it yourself). Multiply costs by 2 (because you will certainly forget about some costs - after more than 6 years of experience I can still under/overestimate costs by 20%). You have to be able to finance all operational costs first year or two and penetrating the market is really costly. When you have at least 4 times more money on your savings account invest in your first business. Your first business investment must not exceed 25% of all your savings.

The best advice I can give you about your money - never trust anyone to help you with your finances. Don't trust the word I said above. I'm talking from my perspective and my own experience. It will be different in your country, with your experience, your education, etc... Educate yourself and try everything you learn. Nothing beats learning by doing.

To your success
    Lucky

lucky24, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give you the hard honest truth since no one around here probably will.

If you don't have the slightest clue what to do with the money but want to find a way to give it off to try to get a return then you will be giving it away to someone who will just scam you and you'll get nothing. It's risky business to throw money to someone. Throwing money without having an idea, well, a lot of the guys around here can smell that.
    For example: how many private messages did you receive from this topic? :)

DinoJRG, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Op. Hide your money in the bank. Signup with affiliate programs like hosting. Print out business cards at home with the coupon code. Hand them out to people who tell u they need hosting.

Zero cost can earn you some money.

matt_62, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    people that are desperate to make money and have no
    clue how to do it are the ones that end up losing the most...

dscurlock, Oct 18, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    If i was you i would have a long hard think about a site you want to literally keep thinking about and working on then see if that idea is a profitable one. if so follow your dream and watch the success happen. passion and determination is the key to success.

Hungryforsuccess, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  9. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    NO, seriously, it's totally possible to invest LESS than $300 to create a NICHE site (that will 3 months later bring you steadily $100-$200/month).
    The key point here is: you HAVE TO do everything in a right way (I mean you have to find a mentor and learn from him)
    => Don't try to throw your money into anything you have no ideas how to win - learn first and take action.

mrgadget, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  10. Emily BizProfits

Emily BizProfits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by "buy/sell" sites? Do you mean domain names?

Emily BizProfits, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  11. andrewrush31

andrewrush31 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

Have you thought about buying domains? It's about $9-$10 a domain per year.
    Read news, follow trends and be creative with domain names.
    There are a bunch of people who are making nice money with this method.

Andrew

andrewrush31, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  12. Boblin

Boblin Member

Best Answers:
    buy some books to read

Boblin, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  13. Otto Baynes

Otto Baynes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Ray Baron pointed out that is a very unrealistic expectation of ROI, even with some added value of elbow grease. Only way to pull that off is maybe become a Warren Buffet-level stock wizard or get really, really good at counting cards :)

I agree with the others who suggest the best chance of turning $300 into any kind of decent passive income is investing it into a website. Try to find some sort of underserved niche.

Otto Baynes, Oct 21, 2014 IP
  14. chris spriggs

chris spriggs Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to invest, you be look long term investment, i invest in shares and been doing it over 18 months and had good return so my personal experience says invest that way. But everyone is different.
    Or you pick a niche you have interest in , buy domain name, and find a product !

chris spriggs, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  15. rlymike

rlymike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try scratch offs

rlymike, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  16. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Investing money is always risky so every time I earn some dollars, I put 1/4 on my deposit bank account, so I could be sure that there's always some extra money if everything goes bad.

RichardGB, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  17. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some hosting packages cost even below that... On our our plans is worth only $1/mo. and this is not a unique situation.
    Overall, your idea is great, IMHO.

H0stZealot, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  18. mkellerman

mkellerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy bitcoins now for around $350. Wait until the price goes up to $500 and sell (this might well happen before the end of this year). If the price of a bitcoin goes below $275, cut your losses and sell.

mkellerman, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  19. Barbara J

Barbara J Peon

Best Answers:
    Investing in education is definitely your best bet.

Find something that really interest you and learn how it's done properly. If making money online is your interest, there's a lot of strategies you can go for. Research every strategy and decide which one you like best. Invest in a good course and take action every day. You're not going to make money overnight, but by time you will manage to make much more than 60-100$ per month.

Barbara J, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  20. fxlock

fxlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why you dont invest in forex trading ? you can start with low amounts

fxlock, Oct 27, 2014 IP