1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to learn digital imaging in photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by hansab, Feb 3, 2010.

I dont know what it is called , what i want to learn is to make excellent looking digital effects, pictures with great effects, making cool backgrounds etc.

Can anyone suggest some video tutorials please ?

hansab, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. dabzo

dabzo Peon

Best Answers:
    psdtuts.com or just search youtube.com you'll find soemthing. learn to work with opacity, and the different layer styles. then try selections and masking, feathering etc... filters can be great, but can also be a distraction when you're starting up. So stick with the core, like starting with a fill of 50% grey, then hitting it with noise, and different blur filters. Use multiple layers, try multiply, or screen layers. Getting your hands dirty is more fun and will teach you much better than an off the shelf tutorial. If you have a thing in mind, search google, for say, "SinCity psd tuts" or "Surrealist Desert Landscape psd tuts".

You'll get there,
    here's some info on the menu items:
    image>>scaling, canvas dimensions, invert color, mess with color balance and hue, saturation, lightness, cs4-vibrance... (some sort of dynamic curves control... it think.)
    then your filters, you can do all sorts of things here... sharpen and blur are great... blur gets rid of noise, noise give you static to work with (you will find a reason to use it , I'm sure)

try fill50% grey, lots of noise, then motion blur, copy the layers and set them as screen, or vivid light, and/or multiply for rain.

try fill50% grey, lots of noise, then filter (artistic?)>>fibers, then set your marquee to a feather and select chunks to put through a radial blur filter... Adjusting hue/saturation will allow you to play with the color, light/darkness and... saturation of the canvas or a selection or layer...

Take care bud!

dabzo, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  3. meetali

meetali Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can search photoshop video tutorials on youtube.com. youtube.com is very good site and they provide all types of videos. Here you can find out photoshop tutorials easily. I learned so many things from youtube.com.

meetali, Mar 2, 2010 IP