1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I WANT to Learn! Who Can Help Me?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mjda, Oct 3, 2007.

I want to know everything there is to know about Photoshop and Illustrator. I'm willing to pay for books, training, dvds, and anything else. My problem is that I'm unsure of what I should get that would benefit me.

I've got some basic knowledge of Photoshop. None at all with Illustrator.

I have thousands of GREAT design ideas, but I lack the know-how to digitally design them. I want to be able to sit down and put my thoughts and ideas to life. Whether it be a logo, header, icon, avatar, signature, or entire website, I want to know how to bring it to life in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.

I've seen several logos (my main interest) on these forums designed by people who MUST have drawn them from scratch. Where did they learn how to do this?

I've tried several tutorials, but those don't really teach you concepts. They only teach how to do particular things.

I've also looked in to taking courses from sessions.edu. Is there anyone here with an opinion who has taken some of their courses? Any other online, learn at your own pace, schools you would recommend?

I'm desperate for answers. I know there are several people on these forums that have the answers that I'm looking for. Is there anyone here willing to help?

Again, I'm not asking you to show me how it's done. I'm simply asking that someone, ANYONE, point me in the direction of someone/something that can.

mjda, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. RainWalk3r

RainWalk3r Peon

Best Answers:
    u tried All about photoshop Tools etc & illustrators EBOOKS ??

they tells so may things based on tools, also try VTC, my friend got a dvd for Photoshop top secret artworks, that is being used in TV's, search for it for download links,

lynda.com etc have good tuts also, and pixel2life is good as well.

RainWalk3r, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there's not one book that is going to teach you everything that you want to learn. basically you take what the books have to offer and you do the examples within them as well as some tutorials online or on training dvd's and you put everything together that you have learned from them to create what you want. once you know how to effectively use the tools that you have available to you, you should be able to create anything that you can dream up. as i suggested in another thread, www.bn.com and www.amazon.com have some great books available to you. lynda.com is fairly nice as well though i personally have never actually watched one of their full dvds. only the samples available for preview on their website. good luck to you and do it because it's fun. not because people are making $3 for a logo :) once you get good enough because you enjoy it and people start to notice that you have a talent, then take on paying work. but until then, practice practice practice. it really does make perfect.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. Enuma

Enuma Peon

Best Answers:
    hey i just say if you wanna express your design if it is random go for photoshop i will get you the guide details and tutorials and watever needed but if you want to do chracter design and get the detailing out of it i think you should go for maya its really a cool stuff you can try out for modelling animation and stuff it will reall explore your knowledge towards a wider outlook so i would recommend you this anything else pm me.....

Enuma, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  5. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a step by step process learn photoshop, you must learn the basic first, can't be expert in a month. tutorialized.com has tons basic photoshop ( not all is basic ), maybe you can start learning from there.

bnandika, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  6. dan208

dan208 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend making a project for yourself and then finding a similar FREE tutorial online, and following the steps. Repeat. That's how I've learned, and I've been doing photoshop for about 8 years now. Another good resource is GNOMON DVDs.

dan208, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  7. ZoharBlur

ZoharBlur Banned

Best Answers:
    What I did was get lost into photoshop, click every tool see what it does, then press f1 for help and search up the tool and read about it, and go to www.pixel2life.com for tutorials.

ZoharBlur, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  8. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about books and tutorials, play around!
    You need to learn how to create the effect you want on your own. Books and tutorials can teach you methods but your creativity will be limited. Good luck playing around and if you have further questions you can always pm me. :)

Nora, Oct 9, 2007 IP
    mjda likes this.
  9. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best response I've had yet. I may actually take you up on that offer one day. Thanks!

mjda, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  10. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers: