1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to open new site, give me suggestion

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mixtaka, May 3, 2010.

I want to open new site based on lyrics
    Can anyone tell me which cms or any other think is best suitable for lyrics based site. im totally new in any type of script

can anyone tell me which software this site will use - http://www.lyricsmania.com/

Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2010
    mixtaka, May 3, 2010 IP
  2. evilryan5

evilryan5 Member

Best Answers:
    You could try Moonfruit.com; this must be one of the easiest website builders in the world, however for a lyrics site you would have to buy a license off them, plus the whole website would be flash. There is also Yola.com, another easy website builder, but I'm not sure on any of the specifications. There are also wix.com and devhub.com but I don't know much about them. If not, you could also use Wordpress.com, but it may be a bit harder than actual website builders. I recommend Wordpress really due to the massive customisation, and it's completely free. Wordpress is actually blogging software, however it could easily be made in to a cms. They are just some examples of software you could use, but websites like lyricmania look like they have been done without software.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
    evilryan5, May 3, 2010 IP
  3. LiquidWebBenny

LiquidWebBenny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From what I can tell, looking at the source code of the site, they don't appear to be using a software. They might be, but it's well hidden if they are. The only thing I can find is one of the notes that says "<!-- Inizio Header -->", which a google search tells me they might be using css generator. But I don't think that actually points in the direction of a CMS, or software.

LiquidWebBenny, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    the best CMS for lyric site is Joomla, it has a lyric component.

invisibler, May 3, 2010 IP
  5. mixtaka

mixtaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion

mixtaka, May 4, 2010 IP
  6. daxcheng

daxcheng Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out joomlamusicsolutions.com and kouvakis.gr (look for JSongLyrics) both are extensions for joomla.

Also check out CMS Builder (interactivetools.com) their real estate plugin seems to be able to use for lyrics as well.

Someone is using drupal for their lyric site. See drupal.org/node/526768 for the discussion.

typolight is another one and the catalog extension (typolight.org/extension-list/view/catalog.30069.en.html) seems to be what you are looking for as well.

daxcheng, May 4, 2010 IP
  7. mixtaka

mixtaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    can you suggest where i got the joomla lyric component.

mixtaka, May 8, 2010 IP