1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to sell links from my sites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dave Kiddy, Apr 29, 2014.

I would like to sell links from my sites i understand that they can help in SEO a lot but have never sold links before and do not know the correct process,
    I know they have to have a no follow text on them but that is about it,
    I also know that i need a link page on my site where i can place them.
    Need help with this guys as i am a newbie.

Dave Kiddy, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd say you are about 5 years too late to the game.
    • google penalises bought links
    • google doesn't index no follow so the links are worthless
    • the links are best placed alongside/inside content which is why guest posting WAS popular
    • dedicated link pages are considered to be link farms and went out of fashion 10 years ago
    FWIW anyone still in the game has high quality, unique content.

Let me guess, John Panchalad aka Shaun Stenning has returned home and is peddling his get rich quick schemes?!

sarahk, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  3. Dave Kiddy

Dave Kiddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that,
    I guess the best thing is to use my own page ranks for my own sites and just link all together,

I appreciate your honesty and very much so pointing me in a better direction then trying to sell links.

4. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk
    nice post, straight to the point and I guess you have some beef with John Panchalad aka Shaun Stenning :)

@Dave Kiddy
    If you have large amounts of people coming to your website then maybe you could focus more on selling advertising space, which from what I know it's still not looked down upon. But if you don't have much traffic then work on building it up and maybe start creating digital online products that you could sell them to make profit that way
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  5. Dave Kiddy

Dave Kiddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Konrad,
    I still need more traffic i thought but worth thinking about.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not personally but it's always a concern when I see Kiwis and Aussies come on here spouting really outdated IM ideas. I've heard the stories of people quitting their day jobs to concentrate on their MFA/Domaining/Link Sales schemes and I don't believe the margins are there to make it any more than a hobby given the cost of living in our countries.

sarahk, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  7. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @sarahk Yeah I guess you are right. They get the ego boosts, for a short period and then give up cause its not what they expected. I think most if not all people who wanted to make money online went through this stage. It's good to have a friendly Kiwi directing them in the right direction.
    Thanks Sarah
    Regards
    Konrad :)

8. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @Dave Kiddy
    Is what you are focusing on right now something that you are legitimately interested in or are you doing it for the money. Seeing as you are already looking for ways to monetize it I would say that its just a quick money grab. You know you could make money by actually doing something that you love and in all honesty it would not even be hard for you to do so.
    The internet is the most amazing medium because it gives everyone the same equal opportunity to become an expert in their Niche and for people willing to put in some effort it can also allow for them to make a really good income.
    I can tell you from my experience I have wasted years chasing the money and ever since I began chasing what I enjoy doing its been a lot more enjoyable but also more fruitful.
    Good luck Dave
    If you have any questions let me know and I would be happy to assist you
    Regards
    Konrad

sarahk likes this.
  9. Dave Kiddy

Dave Kiddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys i do appreciate all this,
    I am trying to make money online and there is a massive amount of BS out there,
    Most times when i try to sus things out it is just a sales pitch to some other you bute traffic generating BS,
    I will endeavor to make a small amount i know that the people who are making the money they aint telling any one else and keep it all to themselves as i would to,
    However i will keep chipping away at what i know best and try to stay away from all the crap.

Thanks Konrad and Sarahk

10. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @Dave Kiddy
    Great Idea, start of figuring out the direction you would like your online business to take
    If you have trouble figuring out your Niche then have a go at these questions
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/having-trouble-figuring-out-what-niche-to-get-into.2717155/
    They could possibly help you to gravitate to what you really enjoy doing. Once you figure out your direction it is actually really easy to make money online as you can blog about your favourite things. Create products ( I guess you would be really knowledgeable about the things you love doing so you wouldn't have to make up shit). Become an expert in your desired Niche. In all honesty if you do what you love, the money will be a bonus but it will most likely come if you continue working at it.
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  11. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    most link buyers want there links to be do-follow and suggesting to choose outbound links carefully.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 30, 2014 IP