1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to start a fashion brand. Looking for tips or collaboration.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kaspi, Dec 24, 2015.

Hi, I've been thinking of starting my own fashion brand for a couple of years. It should be distinctive by futuristic-looking design and hopefully, one day, it should also incorporate "smart parts".

I'm a tech visionary, I know quite lot about software and hardware. At this point through, I couldn't craft even a simple shirt. While I'm able to put an interesting design concept together, with the people I already work with, I believe running a fashion brand is by far more than just that.

I would be glad for any tips on how to approach such a goal overally? What's the simplest way to a successful company in any scale that I could further build upon? Are there any outsourcing options? What should I be aware of? How should I advertise and what performance could I expect from suggested advertising strategy? What all should be taken care of in the manufacturing process?

I'm also up for collaboration if anyone would like to team up with me. In case we come up with a good plan, there's a good chance I will find an investment for it.

I strongly believe that "smart clothes" is the future.

Thank you for any help. :)

Kaspi, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  2. zsaad1994

zsaad1994 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey

May i ask where you are based and what areas are you willing to sell to. What countries?

zsaad1994, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  3. Kaspi

Kaspi Member

Best Answers:
    Shipping clothes worldwide shouldn't be a big problem, a multilingual e-shop neither.

Kaspi, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @zsaad1994 - he's in Spain

@Kaspi - I'd be trying to collaborate with your local design schools/universities because your weakness is going to be in design and schmoozing. There are many, many more designers than you'll ever hear about and the ones that succeed rely on connections, talent and timing.

The business stuff you can learn if you get a good mentor (they're a free service in New Zealand, supported by Government and Industry groups, you'll probably have something similar to take advantage of).

sarahk, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  5. cheokhueichun

cheokhueichun Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, there.. I'm interested to know more. I'm working in a fast growing startup in Malaysia and I could probably help you with that. I have been thinking of 'smart clothes' concept. How could I reach you? Perhaps we could talk :)

cheokhueichun, Jan 9, 2016 IP