1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would need your opinion on this SM conversion issue

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by crungureanu, Jul 2, 2013.

Hello,

I have this customer in London, UK, that offers mobile massage and spa services. I administrate five of their social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.

Social media is the second traffic source for their website (after Google search) and Facebook alone, the third.

According to Google Analytics, the traffic sent by Facebook spent an average of 12 minutes on their website, compared to Google Search – only 2 minutes.
    The average number of website pages that a visitor sent by Facebook views is 13.49, compared to a visitor coming from Google search that exits the website after viewing only 3.70 pages.

The paid Facebook campaigns I did for them in the last 4 months had a CTR between 1.5 and 7.8, which is extremely good, in my opinion.

However, for some reason, they say that they did not have any customer coming from Social Media (not even one!) and all their new customers came from Google search.

The method they are using to track this is by using a small questionnaire, after every purchase, in which they ask the customers how they did hear about the company (and it seems that all of them answered “Google search”, or at least this is what they've told me).

The only thing that makes sense is that the customers found the social media pages when searching on Google and they got to the website from there.

Can you think of anything else that would explain this situation?

Thanks!

crungureanu, Jul 2, 2013 IP