1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Idea about a new business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MrPJH, Mar 1, 2010.

some months ago i started a forums related to webmasters marketplace when i installed my aim was that i ll allow some things not allowed some forums including DP i think when a buyer and seller are agree to trade with each other and forums are not responsible for any failure trade for example a seller post to sell his web site and some one bid very high and run away without completing trade what next because thread will be closed and MODs are not middleman they are not responsible for any scamme trade then why they care about this thing that this allowed and this not allowed i am not striking as they are Mods they have right to set any type of rules
    for example if Mod do not allow tweets why ? this is spamming ? ok twitter is not fighting against spamming ?
    anyway
    i did not restrict many things restricted in some forums
    but i wanted to turn this forum as business
    so i decide that i ll make a chance for buyers and sellers for a granted transaction i mean if a buyer need to do a confirmed trade and want grantee my forums Mods ll assist both buyer and sellers making a granted trade by charging a minimal fee
    and i want you opinion about this
    how much chance to get good results providing all these things mentioned above

thanks for reading this boring story please help giving your openion

regards

MrPJH, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you idea is good.........but you are going to charge some fee..............this is not a good idea..........if you will provide this service as free then it will work.......

abhijit, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  3. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good i can make it charge free but how it ll work
    if i charge a fee this is so simple i ask buyer to pay marketplace staff and after getting paid my staff will ask seller that transfer your product because payment received
    and if i do not charge fee then why i ask to buyer that they pay first to marketplace staff
    and how we can make granted trade in this case ? suggest please if some one suggested a way that may work i ll announce to no fee charging

MrPJH, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  4. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you are proposing a special marketplace for webmaster.. it may work. but a lot of webmaster can use the platform like eBay to do trade just fine ... you have the biggest problem of a new marketplace.. "chicken and eggs" problem.. you need to have enough buyer/seller to make it work.

what are they trading on? domain names? website work? website for sale? other marketplaces already take care of those pretty well..

things prohibited on some forums for a reason.. "blackhat" stuff borderlines on illegal/unethical that is why they are not allowed on a most forums..

webbmaster, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  5. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most forums do not allow to sell mailing lists but they allow to sell FB fan pages Groups and smiler things what difference between a group/fan pages and mailing list
    tweets not allowed how this is illegal

MrPJH, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if your forum can find a really honest MOD.
    Some more,trader will not trust any new forum MOD such as transfer the money to the MOD.
    You need to recruit some well established member from other forum to become your forum MOD.

mentos, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the one i recruited from DP have 100+ itrader with 100% feedback scoor and hope i ll get more from DP

MrPJH, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  8. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Escrow fees can be quite high, so sellers of smaller items could be interested in a service that guarantees that the transaction will complete. You will need to be prepared for how you will handle disagreements. For example, if you guarantee the transaction for an ebook sale, how will you handle the situation where the buyer says that they received the book but it only consisted of one page of poor quality content and they want their money back?

Fergal, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  9. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a simple rule i am recruiting experienced peoples for every section
    for example i offer a DP member to be Mod for section scripts
    because he have 100+ itraders 100% feedback and all trades related to scripts
    if some one post to sell ebook and want a granted trade he must mention that how many pages this book have and about what the ebook is and mainly source of ebook i mean writer which type ? step by step guide or some thing else if buyer says the technique mentioned in ebook i am already using this one then buyer is false and seller get paid
    if buyer says that this is not about what mentioned in thread/ seller mentioned wrong source its available some where free Mod ll check and if buyer is satisfied then it ll be our pleasure

MrPJH, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  10. indrainc

indrainc Peon

Best Answers:
    In my country (Indonesia), not moderator do that job, but trustable member, ther service called Joint Account. If you build your forum as you planed, how about "itrader" thing for your forum member?

indrainc, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  11. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize the reason these forums have rules is because this stuff is too much hassle to deal with right? If DP allowed sales of Facebook or Twitter accounts or similar, they'd be getting threatened with lawsuits from these services. If they were to handle disputes between buyers and sellers, they'd need tons of paid staff members, plus it would open them up to complex legal battles between these parties. And by policing the forums to guarantee transactions, you are basically taking on the responsibility of a company like PayPal.

Do you have the resources necessary to fend off these legal issues? Money to pay the staff?

Not to mention, if you charge a fee for this, people would probably just go to DP for free. If they are willing to pay, they'd probably go to SP since they have an existing marketplace with experience and some safety features.

Just saying, it's not that easy :)

MTbiker, Mar 3, 2010 IP