1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

idea for website; how to proceed?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MurrayRothbard, Apr 12, 2016.

I've got an idea for a potentially successful website. Basically (this would be the traffic draw) it would be focused on poker strategy; free articles and videos. I can make the content no problem, but I have no background in web design and no money to buy back links, pay for a nice website, host it etc. What is the best approach to get this project started? Should I save up some money and have someone create a site for me? Partner with someone who can build and host the site? Use a CMS program to make the site myself?

MurrayRothbard, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  2. Perplexities

Perplexities Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd be amazed what you can do with wordpress.

I'd go that route and put in the time and effort there, even if you're not fully happy with the website, if your idea is solid you should become profitable
    enough to eventually have the funds to hire a developer. However you may come to realize you do not even need one.

Perplexities, Apr 12, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly start even with a basic design and host your website. Then eventually add contents and optimize your site for appropriate keywords. You will definitely see the difference.

karen9999, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  4. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    xendurinan, Apr 15, 2016 IP
  5. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a good learner and patient person, then I would suggest you to start this venture on your own. You can just buy the domain and start the website design, learn from the forums, articles and videos, how to create a website and then do the SEO for that site. Once your site is up, you write some articles about what you offer in various article submission sites and then submit those in various social networking sites. This way you will have to spend only the money to buy the domain and the hosting server, rest is just your time to spend. Believe me this would be more exciting to explore new things, instead of hiring some free lancer and listening from him, what he has to offer, which you will never understand.

China_girl, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of ways to manage and create a website. Blogger would be great for beginners and Wordpress for the experienced people but there are new free hosted sites and it would be great to explore more as well as learn in different ways of creating a site.

KylieSweet, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  7. Anubhav-soin

Anubhav-soin Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of article and videos available for, how to start your website, how to host the website and all.
    All you need to do is to purchase the domain name ( name for your site ) and hosting space ( space on the internet for your site ). You can also contact the domain and hosting provider to guide you to the complete process.

One such article is shown here https://in.godaddy.com/help/registering-domain-names-341 .

Regarding your question about SEO or backlinks, you can do it yourself. All you need to do is to find quality websites or blogs and forums, which are related to your niche and start sharing your knowledge in those areas. Once you meet their requirement, you can add your signature in website and forums to get quality backlinks.

Once you have the sufficient money from your website you can then use it for SEO services.

Anubhav-soin, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @op. To get your website started is 4 steps.

1. First things first is that you need a domain name.
    I recommend namecheap.com for this. Without a domain name, you cannot proceed further.

2. Second, you need to find a hosting company. I recommend a host that uses cpanel. Lots of guides from this, but one thing to note is that most cpanel hosts come with a 1 click installer which automates installation of your choice of 100-200+ software products. So to install wordpress by yourself, is quite simple. There are many guides on this, or post here again if you get stuck. Even your host should have tutorials, or be willing to help you install wordpress. Cheap hosts are a dime a dozen, look through services area on digital point for specials and promotions and or I can recommend a few hosts if you cant decide. PM me.

3. Once wordpress is installed, it gives you a login link to the admin area. In the admin area, you can add and create more pages. You can install other free themes (or purchase themes), you can add in plugins that can help you add in special features, such as contact forms, or calenders, or whatever your site needs.

Building your site in wordpress, and making it the way you like, may take you 1 entire week! But when you need to add pages, it will be easy. When you need to edit content, you will be able to do this by yourself.
    Learning wordpress is easy. Getting over the fear of learning something new is hard. BUT there are hundreds of tutorials everywhere online and even on youtube. You can always pay someone to set your site up for you, but long term it is better for yourself to build it.

4. Last step, once your site is good, and you are happy with it. Install a security plugin such as wordfence.

Any problems or questions, come back here we will be happy to help.

matt_62, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  9. zakariakhan

zakariakhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is two part for increase traffic for your website first on is paid result you may get this from Google service by payment and other is organic search result.Its come from organic search result.

zakariakhan, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  10. yellowhorse

yellowhorse Member

Best Answers:
    You need a CMS based website.it will very help .There are many platform available in market such as wordpress,blogspot,joomla and many

yellowhorse, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  11. bappy164

bappy164 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should make this site using BBPRESS or WordPress. it is very easy and helpfull

bappy164, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  12. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    Get your hosted on WordPress.com, it's free and they take care of the hosting and stuff. WordPress also have 1000s of themes to choose from so you don't really need a web designer. Plus, it's hosted on WordPress.com, which has a PageRank 9. This is an authority site and your website should get listed fairly quickly in Google.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google for a business plan template and go through the steps to complete it. The actual costs of this project are nothing compared to the value of your time. If you can't justify spending the beer money on hosting, a domain and a template then you can't justify spending your time on it either.

The poker niche is well established and hugely competitive so you need to do the legwork before you begin or else you are just wasting your time.

sarahk, Jun 2, 2016 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Poker strategy content will be extremely hard to monetize. Most of these visitors have already signed up at poker rooms. But yeah, in terms of development, definitely go the WordPress route.

dcristo, Jun 8, 2016 IP
  15. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you are short on money, then you can do it for yourself. Better is to learn website design, design/promote it yourself.

But, one thing you have to is work really hard on daily basis. If you can do this, then there is no problem.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 9, 2016 IP