1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas for a membership site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by c_faulds, Aug 22, 2011.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum as you can probably see.

I've managed to learn how to create websites well, in particular, membership based websites.

I was wondering if anyone had any good/niche ideas for a membership website? Or what content I could base it on?

Thanks in advance!

c_faulds, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  2. haruki92

haruki92 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should have a look at chris farrell membership site,i found his website to be relatively clear and organised.
    I would say with content that are clear and not draggy would allow the viewers to stay on to read more.Add in videos to teach them instead of writing whole chunk of words.Nobody would want to read something that contains a lot of words.Video would be better and clearer.Hope that helps.

haruki92, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  3. Visualz

Visualz Peon

Best Answers:
    Good niches are all around. Visit Amazon, check out the bestsellers, in books such as self-help, hobbies, education etc. That way, you know what is in demand and you can start to build content around a 'hot' topic. But really, the only way to find what kind of membership site to create is to spend a couple of day with your sleeve doing niche research.

Visualz, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  4. lesportifs

lesportifs Member

Best Answers:
    All niches are good. You should go with hot ex gf pictures/videos website , add also a forum!. Pay people who will upload stuff (You can take free pictures and videos too!) Just find forums where people post everything and ask everyone to share pictures/videos from hot ex gf. Then you get paid by visitors to watch it.

You will make $$$ :)

lesportifs, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  5. c_faulds

c_faulds Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help/ advice.

I'm thinking down the tutorial/ 'how to' route... Not sure what I could do tutorials on though or help people with...

c_faulds, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  6. mindware

mindware Peon

Best Answers:
    yes helping and advice, tutorials are always great video content

mindware, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  7. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    Sites offering training and offering a place where people can interact are always good. Good luck to you in your adventure :)

fruzzlies, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  8. c_faulds

c_faulds Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, any ideas what I can do it on?

I've thought of 1 good niche, but want more in case I can do something better.

c_faulds, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  9. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    Only you know this. You said you were thinking about a teaching site. What are your interests, what do you have knowledge on so you can teach?

fruzzlies, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  10. siocowiz

siocowiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's what you do. Go to your local magazine store, and look at which niche those magazines are targeting. Select one, and then POOF, instant niche! These magazines wouldn't print publications if there wasn't a market for it.

siocowiz, Aug 25, 2011 IP