1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If i wanted to find small investors where would i look?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JamieH, Jan 30, 2009.

Hello,

It's a really small investment of around $1500-$1700 i'm looking for, i'd normally use my own savings for such projects but as i'm investing in others such as my hosting company this isn't possible at this time, the bank isn't an option either.

I'm not asking for an investment here, more or less websites or people you know of that are willing to invest a small amount, doesn't generally have to be the whole lot, even if it's 10% and i get the other 90% off other investors.

My idea isn't unique, it's being done on the internet but not as well as it could do and i have ideas to take the market to a new level. If anyone has any ideas rather than "go to the bank" or "save up" then i'd be interested in reading.

Oh and if anyone was willing to invest atleast $100, they would get 200% back within two months and 10% of the monthly profit return for 3 months - which altogether would be around $300, so from a small $100 investment you'd be getting $400 back + your initial $100 investment.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, +rep for good answers.

Many thanks,
    Jamie Hann

JamieH, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  2. nodropship

nodropship Peon

Best Answers:
    Try prosper.com -- there people will "bid" on the ability to give you a loan. You may also want to look into getting a state or federal grant to get yourself started. Often times this money does not need to be paid back! Sure, there is some red-tape, but it is worth it.

If you have an LLC or Corp formed you can sell shares. You do not have to be a public company to sell your shares. But I think Prosper is your best bet.

nodropship, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    shallowink, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. nodropship

nodropship Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't know that about Prosper. Thanks. I have used them in the past with success, but I see it did not affect past transactions. Too bad. It was a nice loan marketplace... It seems anywhere that is willing to give higher-risk small businesses a loan doesn't last long. Darn red tape!

5. nodropship

nodropship Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe... Because of my "ranking" I had to remove you links in the QUOTE to make a post. I understand the live link policy, but when quoting...?

6. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    more like "darn financial institutions" protecting their market and giving everybody the shaft in the process. *sigh* I'll avoid the rant. Maybe propser can make its way through the red tape and get back to helping people during the down turn. Or zopa might be a good option.
    (the link policy sucks for about the first week, then you'll completely forget about it)

shallowink, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  7. andrewwise

andrewwise Peon

Best Answers:
    Jamie,

Depending on what your business is going to be, you may want to look to your potential customers or clients for investment.

For instance, if you were making a portal that makes money on advertising, you could offer an advertiser free advertising for double the amount of investment you're looking for. If you need $1,700, you probably don't need it all upfront, so they may be willing to give you money over time.

Also, there's never been an original idea since Adam & Eve, so please share your idea with the board here, because sooner or later we'll all see it and can just as easily copy it then as well as we could now.

andrewwise, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  8. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too would say to go the shares route if you can, you lose a % of your company forever until/unless you buy it back later down the line but for example "would you rather own 50% of something or 100% of nothing?"

I agree there isn't really any original ideas, some people just have additional thoughts to it increasing the value of said idea. I don't think he should have to give up his idea here though for anyone to copy, sure once it's established we can all see, but by then he's got it up and running and has the first push into the market in his area(wether it be physical or online e.g DP).

Some time ago relatives of mine back in Aus were planning on making sandles using tyres (they had loads of them), they'd purchased sewing machines to get started, then they were talking about it in a bar, a couple yanks overheard next thing their company were developing them commercially (as in using professional machinery) and they got a flyer through the door with the very product they were going to make and sell.

The lesson? Never release your idea where someone can steal it, the product wasn't new but it was something different that was going to and did work in their area, they blew it by allowing someone to copy before they were established. This is why I keep my ideas to myself/family/close friends.

Scot

Scoty, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  9. Folbiddle

Folbiddle Peon

Best Answers:
    angelinvestors might help.. and NDAs and all that are way overrated. It's one thing to share your ideas or not to.. but NDA just are usually not needed.

Folbiddle, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are many place you can find for investor to invest in your project.
    You must submit the proposal to them.
    Just to list a few site that you can find the funds for your project
    http://www.mycapital.com/

mentos, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  11. Jordan Daniels

Jordan Daniels Peon

Best Answers:
    Prosper's good, but there is a bidding process. You could try out a more flexible approach to your get your loan...Why not try affinity lending (friend and family loans)? The terms are a lot more lenient and you can borrow the entire amount (provided he or she can give it). You can honor the bond by trying out an online loan structuring service like LoanBack (www.loanback.com). They formalize your loan and make it legally binding in all fifty states so you don't need to run around looking for a lawyer or spending on one either. They've also got loan documentation and promissory notes and a loan management tool. Great if your lending to friend or family as well. Hope this helps :)

Jordan Daniels, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  12. LasseKohau

LasseKohau Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jamie, sell / (Tell) the idea to an experienced internet marketer with succes. Not at guru level, but a good middle internet marketer, who has made a lot of money + has been able to go full time with internet marketing.

He/she might be interested in your business idea, in a trade for a cut of your business. They put in f.x. 2000 dollars, and they get 20 % of the company.

regards, LASSE

LasseKohau, Oct 15, 2010 IP