1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If not DP, is there any high PR site?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by whiteeaglet, Jun 7, 2010.

Well, anyone knows if there is another high PR website for use?

Hey... I am not gonna leave DP but i would like to get more usful knowledge from another site.. :)

whiteeaglet, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a good list of high PR sites (rank 8,9) some you can add do follow and others no follow links to. I found this here http://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...forum/146281-wow-my-3000th-post-gift-you.html and had it on my favorites so I thought I'd share.

MarTh-, Jun 7, 2010 IP
    rajesh.ejob likes this.
  3. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    If your talking specifically about forums my forum is PR3 and has similar topics and themes to DP.

Not really trying to spam my link but rather answer your question, the link is in my signature.

QuackWare, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. ssdear

ssdear Active Member

Best Answers:
    The information provided by MarTh- is awesome

ssdear, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  5. rudalfseo

rudalfseo Peon

Best Answers:
    rudalfseo, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. rajesh.ejob

rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rajesh.ejob, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  7. bhavyat

bhavyat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's good one by MarTh. May be you can also Google for some social bookmarking site which will have PR8, PR9 and so on. You can also share and improve your knowledge in different categories.

bhavyat, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    While the list is a nice list of high PR sites, you are NOT likely to get ANY high PR links from those sites. The PR of the home page has NO influence on your URL's rankings UNLESS the link to your site appears on the home page. It's the PR of the page on that site that links to you that matters. There is ZERO hope of anyone here getting a link from the home page of Adobe, Yahoo, some .edu, or pretty much any other site in that list... none. It's just not going to happen.

For example, if you get a link from a student blog on some .edu, that page is likely going to be a zero PR page if it even has any PR at all. It's likely the page won't even be indexed at all. And .edu's and .gov's are no more valuable from an SEO perspective than an equivalent page from a .com or .org. People used to target them because the pages were typically well linked and had a high PR... but those sites have since learned not to allow spammers to drop links on their sites. It's much more difficult to get links of any value on those sites unless you know someone on the staff there.... like a professor who can get you a link on a department page or something.

And WTH does a site with high PR have to do with getting "more useful knowloedge from another site"?

social-media, Jun 8, 2010 IP