1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If your site gets a lot of reddit posts this will help increase engagement (more upvotes/comments)

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by LindaAdams, Jun 23, 2014.

I wanted to create a widget that people could put on their website, and if that particular URL had been submitted to reddit, it would show that reddit post on that persons website. I did this using creating a script tag
    <script src='//redditjs.com/post.js'></script>
    Code (markup):
    A website owner would just have to put this wherever they wanted it to appear. And there are options you can do

<script src='//redditjs.com/post.js' data-height='500' data-width='650' data-post-finder='mostComments' data-theme='dark' data-show-submit='true'></script> 
    Code (markup):
    An explanation of the customization options and examples are on Reddit Embed Widgets

I wanted this to be similar to a facebook comment widget, websites that get a lot of traffic from reddit would benefit greatly by getting more upvotes/comments on their content.

You can see live examples here.

I also created a subreddit feed widget similar to reddit.com: reddit widget. I feel the one I've created gives the user more options and a better user experience.

Both of these script tags can be autogenerated for you if you use the Reddit Embed Wordpress Plugin

LindaAdams, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  2. Rares Mihail Prala

Rares Mihail Prala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much, I will certainly give it a try :D

Rares Mihail Prala, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  3. na09

na09 Member

Best Answers:
    sounds interesting but cant find the examples

na09, Jun 29, 2014 IP