1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm looking for a web portal software

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ssrulz1, Dec 21, 2011.

I'm looking for a web portal software to list the shops in our city. Basically, I have the following requirements.

1) List all the services as Categories for easy navigation (Example: Hotels, Gymnasiums etc.) with good looking templates.

2) When a shop is listed, I need to upload the shop photos to that page so the visitors would get a clear idea about their product quality etc.

3) Most importantly, the user comment section needs to be enabled for every shop pages. For example, if KFC is listed in the "Hotels" category, the users need to have the privilege to comment about their experience with that shop.

Which software do you recommend for this? I would prefer a free/GNU software.

ssrulz1, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  2. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I understand correctly and all you want is a site where you can set categories, post information and photos about those businesses on their own pages with categories assigned, and allow commenting by website users, Wordpress should be able to do what you need.

You can add things like Google Maps to a businesses' page, control commenting, upload pictures very easily, take advantage of hundreds of free plugins, and it is a free CMS (aside from your domain name and web hosting cost). If your host has Cpanel with Fantastico or a similar 1-click installer that will install Wordpress for you, you don't even have to FTP anything and your setup should be fairly easy for most of what you want to accomplish.

mhovingh, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  3. lamvt

lamvt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is best with Sobi2 as directories component or you can use Virtuemart as Shop site.
    readmore at: Welcome to Joomla!
    Goodluck

lamvt, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  4. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest magento for unlimited features.

OSSEO, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  5. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    If you have Cpanel, Just go to "softaculous" or "Fantastic Delux" in the installation section. You can get the required softwares with no installation headache.

varindia, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  6. rajni12

rajni12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will create your site in any CMS structure. It will be easier for you to edit the page information and design.

rajni12, Dec 27, 2011 IP