1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm losing motivation?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TechyRadhika, Aug 9, 2010.

I'm sorry - this is probably not the right place for this, but all of the others didn't seem to fit.
    Before I even start making money, I'm losing motivation for blogging, and more essentially, internet marketing.
    I truly think it's the niche.
    Let me tell you what I'm thinking.

Just two days ago - I didn't know what to blog about.
    I then decided to go more in-depth to Vindictus, but after finding some AdSense keyword websites, there are no real ads for my niche.
    And who would look for a Vindictus blog anyway?

And come to think of it - I'm not very knowledgeable about Vindictus. The Korean players are!

And that's all.
    I'm kinda thinking to quit, but I'm kinda thinking I have to try harder.
    I'm also kinda thinking that it will be a lot like what happened to MapleStory, where there are N/A players (that means they doesn't get content ahead of time like Korean players) who have become knowledgeable because they stuck to their blogs and their games.
    For example: MapleSushi.wordpress.com
    He's only had his blog for one year, and is quite knowledgeable about MapleStory, but its because he puts the effort into it.

If I post every time there is an update, with casual guides, I'm still unsure if I can get any views...
    I can see his marketing from Forums and such, other than that - I think I'm using more marketing than him.

Do you think I too, can get a blog with 1,000 comments and 100,000 visits within a year?
    Or atleast a blog that can get me $10 a month?

...Relax...

I was also wondering what people think of my content, so far. I'm not allowed to post up my voice (also because my fake Blogger name is a boy), and I will use annotations and such on my guides where I screen record myself playing in-game.

Here is my first part of a Vindictus Video Review I am doing, could anyone tell me how bad it is? A rating? Would you watch it?

[video=youtube;OdIMLgCOEv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdIMLgCOEv8[/video]

So yeah...I just want a response from you guys, all of you successful bloggers about how I can do.
    If you have something that will bring me down, please don't say it..
    He has only had his blog for one year,

TechyRadhika, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  2. tonnele

tonnele Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont quit! Compete! The Key is outmarketing the competition to get traffic to your site. If you want to learn how to do this effectively pm me.

tonnele, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never ever quit, if that throught ever goes through your mind go throw cold water over your face and get back to work. Forget about the money for now just focus on building brand equity, relstionships with your site users.

If you chase the money it's far less unlikely to come, love what you do with a passion if you can do that trust me the money will follow.

Seqqa, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  4. speedyfi

speedyfi Guest

Best Answers:
    I used to have a problem getting traffic to one of my sites, then I started looking around at other domains - I then registered about 30 odd domains and now get about 800k new users to one of my sites. Best thing I ever did - my sales have rocketed. God only knows why the hell I did not do it sooner.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    speedyfi, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  5. domainzone

domainzone Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop concentrating on money! Make a website that you LOVE on a topic you ENJOY. Give it a few months, create good content, become a perfectionist and make your website beautiful. After you have everything perfect, THEN start monetizing.

The fact is, people in today's internet can smell a for-Adsense website a mile away. If you make your website simply to make money monetizing the traffic, you website will look like that to visitors.

For me, I create websites that make money from day one selling digital products. In fact, I make these websites for other people and I always guarantee 200% profit from initial cost within 30 days or money back. I use 30 days because it is safe for buyer. Plus, its as cheap as $40 or $50 for the website including domain, script, design, setup.

domainzone, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  6. The Villa

The Villa Peon

Best Answers:
    It's tempting for me to say, "Don't quit." But I've been there. I wanted to quit too in the past but I just tried to calm down and persevere. I didn't push myself too hard. I just kept on working. Maybe in my case, it helps that I have a day job and that I don't rely too heavily on earning online. Now, some of my blogs are successful but some aren't. That's just the way it is.

The Villa, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  7. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The key is to not write the articles yourself. Outsource it.

furca, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  8. wholesalechecklist

wholesalechecklist Peon

Best Answers:
    I would give it another month or two. Keep a close eye on your Google Analytics stats...if you don't have one, GET IT UP AND RUNNING! Seeing your stats make improvements week by week is very motivating. If in a few months, you see no progress, then maybe take a step back and reconsider the blog. Give it 100% of your effort and have fun doing it, but if things are not clearly progressing in a few months I would say let it go.

Entrepreneurship is all about taking the risk, but if things don't work out, fail as early as possible and move onto the next venture. Wasting time on something that is not progressing is not healthy. Change is good. Good luck.

wholesalechecklist, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  9. Ideategy.com

Ideategy.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes...
    I like this ideas.
    View statistics for each day can increase our motivation.

Ideategy.com, Aug 11, 2010 IP