1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm sick of seeing you people try for mickey mouse partnerships. Here a free contract

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Laceygirl, Sep 15, 2010.

Everywhere in Digitalpoint I see that tons of people want partnerships but don't know how to go about it. Well I created an article for you(and me) Take it and save it on your computer. Its very GOOD and meant for professionals

Laceygirl, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  2. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good partnership hard to create online, we don't know each other and the expectations are pretty high.... people ask partnership in the partnership forums for 2 reassons, 1. established people come to this board and have no knowledge on how to create websites, etc. so they offer partnerships of diffrent kinds. or 2. people without suffecient money but have that *GREAT* idea that will take over facebook , google and yahoo all together are seeking for investment for their plans. But their plans are not even on paper they are just in their heads because they don't know the proper way of business which is the word research multiplied by 100, in addition to a full business plan. But by the time they come writing the 5th page they will probably give up on writing that business plan of 50 pages or so because some of them are lazy and just want some one to do all the dirty work for them...

wounded1987, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  3. dreamconception

dreamconception Peon

Best Answers:
    I do partnerships in person on a profesional level. This includes contracts and lawyers. When I was a kid I got burned a few times because of not doing this right. :) But really partnerships can be done in so many ways, however you have great points Laceygirl.

dreamconception, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer dictatorship type partnership . But nevertheless this is a good read for anyone that's paranoid about trusting people on-line .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  5. davedarcy

davedarcy Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you said it
    let me tell you one more thing, i feel that you need a lot of investments in web business too, i have invested close to $100,000 in my last projects, and so have 2 of my partners, that said, it's about how much you can invest too, and how serious you are. my latest project is an affiliate, yet to make profits, but i think it's a great concept, another bold thing we did was to pledge 10% profits to donations for planting trees, and helping the needy with this new one. after all, we must contribute to our future, just sharing thoughts, you can differ, we need to drive things with passion.

davedarcy, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  6. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    It's about how much you can invest too, and how serious you are.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl, that was a very thoughtful and thought-provoking article. You made some very good points. For 4 people putting $200 and some effort into an idea, going through your process is a great improvement over what most people do.

There is no "fool proof contract," however. Particularly if you think you are going to "start the next eBay together," there should be a much more formal, detailed contract between the parties. The time, effort and expense spent dealing with issues in the beginning will pale in comparison to the time, effort and expense that will be required to sort things out later if they are not resolved up front.

Business Attorney, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  8. unbrokenspirit

unbrokenspirit Peon

Best Answers:
    that was a great thought of you, and i feel the same way indeed[​IMG]

it's alert me whenever start my browser :D

unbrokenspirit, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  9. ezpnet-ss

ezpnet-ss Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to admit, having a shotgun buyout clause in my shareholder contract for my hosting company was the best thing I ever did. I was able to fairly compensate my business partner and obtain full control of the company when I needed it.

You may find that your objectives and your business partners objectives change over time and are no longer in sync.

I have to recommend to anyone serious about opening a business invest the money in a good lawyer/legal consultation. Obviously if you are starting a company with $200 each, this might not be feasible, but if you are investing anything significant, the legal fee's are well worth it.

ezpnet-ss, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  10. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From the entrepreneur's dictionary : L is for limited partnership. Limited partnerships limit the risk of the partners. This is the form of partnership wherein partners are limited to settling their differences to with fists and teeth. This limits the risk of the partners to charges of assault and battery rather than attempted murder.

wiz

wizardofx, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  11. DianeBrandt

DianeBrandt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the article.

DianeBrandt, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  12. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice! Looks like you have your head in right :)

Lalamaple, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  13. dreamconception

dreamconception Peon

Best Answers:
    ezpnet-ss, I really agree. Be able to buy out your partner is very very important. It sucks to loose a lot of money for the buy-out, but is much better than destroying the company because of an incompetent partner.

dreamconception, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  14. franktechnology

franktechnology Guest

Best Answers:
    Good read. Nice work into your post.

franktechnology, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  15. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Or, more likely: L is for limited liability company. It offers more flexibility (no need for a general partner) and offers the same limited liability as a limited partnership.

Business Attorney, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  16. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, but lets not forget the old-fashioned way.
    Perfect your elevator pitch and hit the bricks to convince legitimate VC's to invest in your idea.
    They don't hang out on forums, they deal in real world environments.

Claymation, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  17. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    true story!/\ :)

Laceygirl, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  18. vbn

vbn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post Lacey! Saved it on my desktop :)

vbn, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  19. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    Good little post here.

One thing i don't like about the partnership's forum in this section is that many people post threads saying "I have x,xxxx to invest in start ups/established sites" Yet when you pm them, they make up all kinds of stupid excuses why they are not invested.

Most people just post investment threads so they can steal the other person's idea. Chances are, these so called investors don't even have the funds to be able to invest anyway.

Clowgon, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its easy to eliminate the morons with the people who are serious. The one's who are willing to fax a copy of their identification, sign agreements, and share their background are legit.
    The one's who make topics and all they talk about it profit are morons.

Laceygirl, Mar 31, 2011 IP