1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm struggling to sell my E-Book any help?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by HaidenKC, Sep 24, 2011.

I have just finished my E-Book on website promotion and uploaded it here on Digital Point yet im not receiving the reaction i thought would occur. I have tried lowering my prices and currently i am selling my E-Book for $3.00 here on DP yet still no sales.

HaidenKC, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  2. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Haiden, it's because you're unknown. You may have the best information in the world in that ebook, but no one knows you. I would also assume you're just saying "buy my ebook".

Website promotion is a pretty broad term, have you explained what your ebook can do for people who buy it? What is it going to help them fix or understand that they didn't already know?

Show proof, details, screenshots.

People have a perceived value on things, you're killing yourself by putting a value of $3 on it. If it's such a good ebook, tell people why it's so great. Show them proof, what others are saying.. Maybe give out some review copies to get a few testimonials.

If you want, you can send it to me and i'll give you some feedback on it. If it's helpful, I have no problem giving you a testimonial.

QuickFreeHost, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest to give out few review copy as well since people is doubt on the ebook unless you show the proof
    There are too many crap ebook and scammer, buyer gotta be careful when purchasing something

lifeplayer, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  4. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    DP is full of scammers and the marketplace isn't as conducive as it once was to internet marketing ebooks. That means you'll have to try even harder than other forums to get respected and bought from around here (even though DP remains one of the biggest IM marketplaces on the web.)

My two cents for you would be to get your posts up and make some friends. No one's gonna take a 27 post newbie seriously, but no one's gonna spend time dealing with a 500-post spammer. Contribute to the forum, and we'll make it worth your while.

ronharper, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  5. onlinemoneydiscussions

onlinemoneydiscussions Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you should listen to quickfreehost's advice. When You show proof and tell your potential customers what your book is all about, their doubts about your e-book is minimized.
    I think you should also try advertising your ebook in Pay per click networks.

onlinemoneydiscussions, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  6. HaidenKC

HaidenKC Peon

Best Answers:
    I have actually produced a 4 page sales page which demonstrates all of the things you stated

HaidenKC, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  7. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have affiliate links etc. inside your ebook? If you do why not give it away and try to make an income from the affiliate sales?

PaulSch, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  8. HaidenKC

HaidenKC Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a nice idea actually as i do include some links in my E-Book but how would i operate it so that i generate income from those links

HaidenKC, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  9. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    You make certain the links are directly related to what people are looking for in your book. If your book is related to website promotion then don´t have links to weight loss stuff etc.
    There are hundreds of places on the web that you can give away free copies of your book, so start giving it away. Even better would be to get an opt in subscriber every time you give the book away. Then you will be able to market directly to people who are in your exact niche.

PaulSch, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  10. sphere1

sphere1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish you all the best. I am new to the forums. But here is a quick tip. Dont just limit yourself to one forum, try and use other forums. You already made a start with product creation so go all out and sell on other forums aswell. good luck mate.

sphere1, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  11. yataka

yataka Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you can show some chapters first. If they want to see more, they're willing to pay for your ebook

yataka, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  12. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to have a marketing plan for your business. You can offer free ebook to some internet marketing gurus or other opinion leaders. You can also give free ebook to all for their email adress. The more people know about your ebook, the better chance if higher sales will be.

Another thing, Don't show your ebook to be best but cheap. Price is not an issue, People always pay the price. The thing is you should get all the proofs and testimonials to sell the book.

Icecube_media, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  13. Wittyfreak

Wittyfreak Peon

Best Answers:
    Try getting affliates for selling your ebook and give them a huge commision , that helps a lot

Wittyfreak, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  14. plrnexus

plrnexus Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to get on affiliate networks and give a HIGH commission (75% minimum to get noticed at all...really almost 100%). You also should be "selling" a one time offer product or something on the download page where you will make money even though you "gave away the product on the front end". You could also make a different product to give away and then send this product to them via your autoresponder since they will need to give you an email for the freebie download. Affiliate networks you can use that are IM friendly are payspree, digiresults, PAYDOTCOM. You can also put it on CLickbank (but they take a higher %).

Here is what you could do. Make a checklist for website promotion (a great tool for a beginner)....and GIVE it away. Get with some of the FREEBIE giveaway events and get some traffic (ie emails). Then you can market this as a followup (ie...hey if you want some complete information, here is a full version of my ebook the checklist was taken from for only $17). Like they said above...cheaper mean CRAP to people. You have to set a price that denotes value. $10-17 for an ebook is about right. Make some videos showing them HOW to do it...like over your shoulder and sell as an upsell for those who buy your book.

That is the cliffnotes version of a sales funnel and how it works.

Good luck!

plrnexus, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  15. RainDefenceRoofing

RainDefenceRoofing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Put the price up and make a brilliant ad on ebay. There are plenty that get good money if the ad is good. Selling it for $3 puts across the message that even you think it's a waste of time.

RainDefenceRoofing, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  16. emmergo

emmergo Peon

Best Answers:
    Believe me something is still wrong with that sale page. Follow one of the advice above and give out review copies to some older forum members

emmergo, Oct 11, 2011 IP