1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm thinking of buying a website, need some pointers...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by milford, Apr 7, 2011.

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about buying an established website for a while. The main reason is that I plan on traveling/backpacking for a while and would like a small business on the side that can be operated anywhere in the world. I don't expect it to fund my adventures as I have already saved up a decent amount to support me overseas, but it would be good to have some income coming in. Somewhere in the range of $US500 - $1000 a month would be ideal with minimal work. I was thinking an affiliate site on autopilot that ranks well for some niche keywords would be good.

But I have some questions:

Are there any other online alternatives which fit the criteria?
    How much should I expect to pay for a site like that?
    Any tips on finding such a business? Are there better marketplaces than Flippa?
    Any advice in general?

Thanks guys:)

milford, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  2. volaer

volaer Peon

Best Answers:
    That site would probably cost between $50000-$100000. As you say, it's completely an autopilot. If it's earning $1000 with just a few months, you're done with your investment.

However, if you would like to start your website and develop it, I can help you walk through it. It will take time to earn... but its really worth it when you are working on something that you know will earn. Drop me an email if you are interested for the walk through vince @ brandbuildit . com.

Your $500-$1000 worth of website is what you will need to set up a new website, not to buy an existing one that already earns.

volaer, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  3. chiragagarwal

chiragagarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe a decent website for $20000 or so?

chiragagarwal, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  4. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your budget? For a website that is earning 500 - 1000 per month will most likely sell for x10 if it's been making that money consistently for 6 months.

Clowgon, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  5. volaer

volaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hairelf is right.... This is the usual price in the market. Your budget is for "brand new site".

volaer, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  6. perfectblue

perfectblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much are you ready to pay for a website which makes $1500 - $2000 a month ?

perfectblue, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  7. ciscodiaz

ciscodiaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would be looking for a membership site, add some fresh content and increase the membership with a jv contest and an offer for 100% commission on the first month sign up. You'll be all set for your trek!

ciscodiaz, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  8. milford

milford Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply fellas, I've got a budget of $30k, but if it's going to cost 10 times earnings then I don't think it's worth it. Although I'm not surprised because why would someone sell a profitable site that requires minimal work, so I guess there's always going to be a premium. Most of the sites I've seen so far are rubbish, I'm now more inclined to make it a long term project and make a quality site.

milford, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  9. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go with that long term decision! You can do so much more with a long term project with your own quality work and design, however you can still pay off guys to do little stuff like SEO, banner, article, and other custom built to save you sometime.

Justin_Dupre, Apr 7, 2011 IP