1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm trying to jump start a social media site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TripShows, Jan 11, 2009.

We've just launched a beta for www.tripshows.net

It's a travel social media site. Trying to jump start initial users and content.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

TripShows, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  2. beast099

beast099 Guest

Best Answers:
    i find the easiest way to jump start initial users is to give something away for free. maby the most active users get a camera or something like that. or maby a profile page contest where the best profile gets something. throw out a articles about your site and the users will come. you have something that i have never seen before so i think you have trouble getting users. you should advertise a little on travel forums in your signature. that should get you some interest.

beast099, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  3. TripShows

TripShows Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, have you seen my t-shirt offer I have post in the graphics and multimedia forum here?

TripShows, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  4. markknastol

markknastol Peon

Best Answers:
    build interesting content and then even accidental visitors will become part of your own group :) good luck :)

markknastol, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  5. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post all events and updates as articles on Digg.com and create groups on Myspace and Facebook. Advertise online and locally. Have all your friends and thier friends spread word of mouth advertising

wrekoniz3, Jan 11, 2009 IP