1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image from a Photoshop Document

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by AzharNadeem, Jun 25, 2010.

Dear Colleagues

I have mad a navigation button with the help of some tutorial from the link provided below
    http://intekhab.co.cc/2009/08/09/royal-navigation-bar/
    In my view the beautiful part of it is a slight border/stroke on three sides. My problem is that I have very little knowledge of photoshop however I have managed to create the one exactly like provided in tutorial. My site is build with office Live small business and I really dont know how to upload this on web. Previuosly I used to copy the image following way
    1. CTRL+Click to select the Layer
    2. CTRL+SHFT+C to copy merged
    3. Paste in new document and save for web and devices (Images only)

In This case When I do same image does not carry the border/stroke around it and it looses its colour little bit getting darker on bottom side. Please suggest me that is there any way I can copy this image keeping all its proprties including border/stroke etc.

Thanks
    With Best Regards

AzharNadeem, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  2. *Sam*

*Sam* Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not positive what you're trying to do so sorry if this is not what you're trying to achieve but if you want to save it as a jpeg (Images Only) ready for the web then you don't need to copy and paste it all into a new document. Simply go to file > save for web and devices Then a window should open where you can save it as a jpeg which will be ready for use on the web. This way nothing will be lost suchas strokes or borders etc which may be lost when moving seperate layers from one docuent to the other.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Sam

*Sam*, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  3. AzharNadeem

AzharNadeem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. I made this button on a canvas of about 650X650. I need this length but with required is approximately 100 pixels. When I save this as Image without copying layer. This saves the whole canvas i.e 650 X 650. Which isnt required. Is there any way I can adjut to fit the background layer.

AzharNadeem, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  4. *Sam*

*Sam* Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simply use the crop tool and crop it to the size you want it to be. Then when you save it, it will be the same size as your background layer if you have cropped it to that size. If you click on the crop tool then I believe you can put figures in the top suchas 650px by 100px and the crop will work for that size exactly. If you're still having issues then you can PM me and I will try to explain it more or help.
    Regards,
    Sam

*Sam*, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  5. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you're trying to do can be an advanced technique. You really have to know what you're doing, and how layers work to be able to achieve this. My recommendation is to make the stroke in the layer's Blending Options. If you've done it via Edit>Stroke we can still extract the stroke with the button, it just takes a couple extra steps.

If you've added the stroke with the Blending Options of the layer:
    >Rasterize your text layer, and then Marge it with the button layer.
    >Now simply right click the button layer, and select Convert to Smart Object.
    >Next, right click the Smart Object layer, and select Export.
    >Finally, open up the exported .psb (the smart object you exported) in photoshop, and go to File>Save As, and save it as .jpg, .png or whatever format you want.

If you have the button on one layer, and stroke on another layer, and the text on a third layer:
    >Rasterize your text layer, and then Marge it with the button layer.
    > Next, merge the stroke layer with the button layer.
    >Now follow the steps above about converting to smart object, exporting, and reopening and saving.

Piggy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  6. dazzleworks

dazzleworks Member

Best Answers:
    u guz already give a top most tips :)

dazzleworks, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  7. designer-gspr

designer-gspr Peon

Best Answers:
    sam is right...the person rite under you, i was going to tell you the same thing but sam beat me to it....good luck, hope you get it working the way you need

designer-gspr, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  8. aprillove83

aprillove83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you may use the crop tool and crop it to the size you want it to be.

aprillove83, Jul 19, 2010 IP