1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Importing Data from MS Frontpage into WordPress or Joomla

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by internetmarketingiq, May 31, 2010.

Large site ... over 600 pages. I don't care if the formatting is lost. This is primarily text. I'd like to retain Titles and Page Descriptions from the Meta Tags. Pull it out of MS Frontpage and into MySQL for Joomla or WordPress.

Anyone know of software or people who can make this happen?

Manually cutting and pasting 600 pages of data would be a complete waste of time.

internetmarketingiq, May 31, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I will not say this for certain, but I don't think it can be done without causing you more work than just copying and pasting. MS Front page is not compatible with Wordpress in any way shape or form..as most MS products are not.

The only way to have a shot at this would be to convert your Front page entries into an XML file, but I still don't think it will go smoothly. the problem with Front Page is that it doesn't ( or didn't) write optimized code..MS has their own way of ding things that doesn't match up with anyone else on the web.

Even copying and pasting can be a pain because you still need to strip all of the MS crap out of the text in order for it to work in Wordpress.

With all that being said, basically anything that can import any MS formatting into Wordpress, may be a step in the right direction.

Does your Front Page site have a feed ? RSS or XML?

hmansfield, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just looking for a way to strip out the text and retain the meta information. I'm wondering if any site scrape software is out there that might pull the text and dump it into a file.

internetmarketingiq, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Now I'm confused. You don't want the text, you only want the meta information?

hmansfield, Jun 1, 2010 IP