1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

":" in front of site name in xoops

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Rodder7, May 29, 2009.

My son is using xoops and Im a joomla dude. When he pulls up his his site, in the title it puts a ":"(no parenthesis) before the site title. We checked the site settings and can't figure out how to get rid of it. Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it?

Rodder7, May 29, 2009 IP
  2. pod

pod Peon

Best Answers:
    My XOOPS sites are all 2.0.16 or prior and this is not an issue with them... I'm going to guess that your son's site must be a 2.2.x site with a theme based on zetagenesis, yes? If so, you will want to open yoursonssite.com/themes/themename/xotpl/xometas.html and look for the following tag:

<title><{if $xoops_pagetitle !=''}><{$xoops_pagetitle}> : <{/if}><{$xoops_sitename}></title>

You could just move the colon inside the IF pagetitle tags so that it only displays after the page title if there is a page title, or of course you could erase it completely.

If your son uses Dreamweaver to edit his XOOPS themes, you may want to check out MyXoopsExtensions, a Dreamweaver Extension for XOOPS theme creation and editing - makes editing XOOPS themes heaps easier. Check it out at www.dreamweavercomponents.com

Hope this helps!

pod, May 31, 2009 IP
  3. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pod,

Thanks. That wasn't the template, but showed me where to look to fix it.

Rodder7, Jun 1, 2009 IP