1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indie Video Game Industry

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ence Litsep, Oct 25, 2014.

Lots of gamers dream of starting a gaming company and getting paid for the favorite hobby. This dream usually is in denial of the level of work and effort required to start and run a company. What I would like to know is who of you have done this and what were some of the secrets to your success? How many games did you make before you actually started making money? Can small website games make money, if so how? What would you recommend to a budding entrepreneur?

Ence Litsep, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  2. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    Question: What type business are you trying to start? A website with a bunch of flash/java games?

I guess it would come down to the originality of the games. Since there are a lot of different similar websites out there, you'll need to find something different. If you can create 1 game that you can promote as different, you might have a chance. Otherwise, you'll have to fight the competition.

CobaltBlue87, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  3. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking into developing app games. I don't have a lot of experience in any area so I figure that I should follow my greatest passions.

Ence Litsep, Oct 25, 2014 IP