1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

innovativeness meets entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'General Business' started by samy256, Dec 22, 2015.

Hi every one,
    I have this crazy idea that I want to give a go but am not sure whether it already exist, whether it's a good idea itself or it's actually realistic.
    The idea is " to produce products like plates (dishes) and cups with a rubber Coating at the bottom". This idea comes from being frustrated by the noise these dishes make while cleaning them.

So I thought I should to you guys first and see what you think . fill free to comment any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    samy256, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  2. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My 2c

It takes longer to clean - not by much but its a problem.

Rubber can start to look dirty quickly and can be damaged easily unless it is high quality so you are moving into a higher price bracket that people may want more 'sophisticated' products.

When you stack plates how much additional space will the rubber add and is this a problem in peoples cupboards as it probably would be in mine.

Generally speaking for plates its not much of a problem and for cups/glasses if people are really that bothered by the sound they will use a coaster before they buy a cup with a ring of rubber on the bottom in the vast majority of cases I would think.

I'm not the most creative person though so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. I like your though process though. Good luck.

Iteration, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to be the nay sayer or to shoot down your idea but.... this doesn't solve a common problem. The sound is annoying to you and annoying to me as well but most people don't notice. And the ones that do aren't terribly bothered by it. I think your market would be razor thin due to this. Plus add the fact that most people use dishwashers you now have a narrower market.

I think this would sell to the occasional irrational OCD person....providing they find you and happen to want to spend the money.

NetStar, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm going to store that away in my list of "first world problems"

Most people buy their crockery based on aesthetic, size and price. I've considered how well it will stack in the dishwasher but I've never given a thought to the sound it'll make while handwashing.

Over the Xmas period I saw lots of new and innovative products being touted and some were really good innovations - but because they weren't aesthetically pleasing (to me) I didn't buy and that is a real challenge to your project. First up you have a small niche market and then you have to have enough designs so that they will actually want to buy. Small production runs mean higher production costs and if you get it wrong you could be left with stock on your hands.

sarahk, Dec 30, 2015 IP