1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interested in UK business culture and market tips.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Malish, Nov 14, 2013.

I want to enter UK market with my web application. It is for tourist businesses such as hostels, B&B, museums etc.
    I want to know how are they doing business and what I need to take into account.

• Communication Styles - Do they prefer communicating by e-mail or by phone calls? Which is the better way to schedule appointments?
    • Pay-per-Click - I have heard that UK businesses are using lot of Pay-per-Click ads (like Adwords) is that true? Are they using Marketing companies do buy PPC ads or businesses are using Adwords by their own?
    • Payment - How do they usually pay for PPC ads. Do they buy somekind of numbers of clicks (500 clicks) or they buy ad for monthly or annual basis and pay every month for certain number of click that have been made?
    • Attitude towards foreigner - How do they cooperate with foreign companies? I am from Sweden and my business is registred in Sweden.
    • London vs other cities - Is the business culture the same in all England cities or it differs? For example of London vs Darlington.

Malish, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  2. mds

mds Active Member

Best Answers:
    • Communication Styles - Do they prefer communicating by e-mail or by phone calls? Which is the better way to schedule appointments? - IN UK YOU HAVE TO TRY BOTH. YOU HAVE TO CALL AND ALSO SEND AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION
    • Pay-per-Click - I have heard that UK businesses are using lot of Pay-per-Click ads (like Adwords) is that true? Are they using Marketing companies do buy PPC ads or businesses are using Adwords by their own? - IT DEPENDS ON HOW BIG THE COMPANY IS. BIGGER COMPANIES HAVE DEDICATED MARKETERS AND SMALL COMPANIES ARE DIY'S
    • Payment - How do they usually pay for PPC ads. Do they buy somekind of numbers of clicks (500 clicks) or they buy ad for monthly or annual basis and pay every month for certain number of click that have been made? - THIS WOULD DEPEND ON THE BUSINESS NEEDS AND AFFORDABILITY BUT YOU WOULD FIND THAT ALL PPC PURCHASE TYPES ARE WELL USED IN THE UK
    • Attitude towards foreigner - How do they cooperate with foreign companies? I am from Sweden and my business is registred in Sweden. - UK PEOPLE ARE VERY BUSINESS MINDED AND FREINDLY TO FORIEGNERS. JUST LIKE ANY GOOD BUSINESS PEOPLE, YOUR OFFER AND THEIR PROFIT IS WHAT MATTERS TO A UK BUSINESS. WE DONT LOOK AT YOUR FACE.
    • London vs other cities - Is the business culture the same in all England cities or it differs? For example of London vs Darlington. - ITS A GENERAL BUSINESS CULTURE BUT DUE TO LONDON AND CONCENTRATION OF BUSINESSES, LONDON REMAINS THE HUB BUT YOU WOULD FIND THE SAME BUSINESS CULTURE EVERYWHERE IN THE UK
    WE LOVE HEALTHY COMPETITION IN THE UK

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    mds, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just be yourself and be honest. The rest of your questions aren't so important.

Either, but if it's a phone call then follow it up with an email. Just via email is also fine if you have already been communicating this way with someone.

I feel like you are over-thinking. Let those companies worry how they market themselves and you just market yourself in your own way. Make yourself stand out in your own way, develop your own marketing strategy. :)

No one could give a damn, except maybe a few backwards idiots. We have a very diverse, multi-cultural country. C'mon, one of our favourite dishes is Chicken Tikka Masala. :)

You can't compare a big travel company HQ to a local small company in Darlington. It will be more laid back in Darlington, but not always. For example, you have EE, SFE and various industrial/engineering companies (it's in an industry/engineering region), which will of course have the big, professional company culture. But like wise, there will be some laid back companies in London, too, such as Trotters Independent Traders. Best. Company. Ever.

ryan_uk, Nov 16, 2013 IP